CHAPTER 27: Zazz~

3rd Person POV
Luisa sat in her room sulking. But then she remembers something Mirabel told her.

~Flashback (4 years ago)~
Luisa was curled up in the backyard. She was mentally exhausted, but Alma still needed her, so she wanted to hide, so Alma or no one could ever find her. But Mirabel knew her sister well.

She didn't know how to tell Alma that she didn't want to.

"So hiding is your best choice?" Luisa flinched at her sister's voice. "Please don't tell Abuella." Luisa smiled nervously. Mirabel chuckles. "Of course I won't, what's up?"

"I can't do anything properly, pressure has been biting on my behind for the past weeks, I thought being 18 would be cool." Luisa rolls her eyes at the last sentence.

"Hm, understandable. Isabela felt the same actually." Mirabel smiles remembering that memory all those years ago, she was 14 now and Isabella was 20.

"Really? Our sister, Isabela?" Luisa grins and raises an eyebrow. Mirabel chuckles. "Yes, our sister Isabela."

"Well is there anything you can do to you know.. Help me too?" Luisa smiled sheepishly while Mirabel smirked.

"I do actually."

(Zazz~ From Prom the musical)

"When a challenge lies ahead and you are filled with dread and worry." Mirabel stood up.

"Give it some zazz" Mirabel shook her hands while waving it in the air.

"If your courage disappears, what'll get your fears to scurry?" Mirabel got Luisa to stand up.

"Give it some zazz!"

"What's zazz anyway?" Luisa tilted her head, confused.

"Zazz is style plus confidence, it may seem corny or kitsch." Mirabel circled Luisa while strutting with style.

"But when scared or on the fence.
You'll find that zazz will soon make fear become your bitch." On that last sentence Mirabel leaned on to Luisa's shoulder.

"Language." Luisa scolded.

"And if folks say you can't win, what'll stop them in a hurry?" Mirabel took no regard to Luisa's comment.

"Give it some zazz! There's no contest for a girl who has some razzmatazzzz."

"So call their bluff!" Mirabel outstretched her right arm. "And strut your stuff!" She then extended her left arm and her outfit was turned into a jazz suit?

And now they were on a stage?

"Like no chick in this hick town hasssss."

Luisa decided not to question it.

"Instead of giving up!.. Oh give it some zazz." Mirabel leans on Luisa a little.

"I just don't think I can do it. The thought of getting up in front of Abuela?" Luisa sighs deeply as her eyes darted around the room.

"Look at my hands! They're shaking!" Luisa looked at her palms, they were indeed shaking.

"If your hands are shaking.." Mirabel went in front of Luisa and held her hands for a bit.

"Just turn 'em into jazz hands!" Mirabel stood to Luisa's side and shook her hands around while posing. Encouraging Luisa to do the same.

Luisa shrugged and copied Mirabel. "Doesn't that feel better?" Mirabel giggles.

"Not Really-" Mirabel took out a cane from thin air and handed another to Luisa. Luisa suddenly was in a suit similar to that of Mirabel's.

"Try this." Mirabel started strutting while holding her top hat as she walked to the edge of the state with confidence.

Luisa followed with hesitance in her steps. Her gaze switched back and forth from her sister's feet to her own, confused on how Mirabel was doing this so confidently and effortlessly.

Mirabel noticed her sister's struggle and paused. "Close your eyes." She tells Luisa and Luisa did so. Still not knowing what was the point of this.

"Think about Abuella."

Luisa extended her left arm out as her eyebrows furrowed.

"Think about the pressure."

Luisa's right arm extended next.

"Now, think of finally doing something about it!"

Luisa shook her hands as the beat of the music increased.

"There we go! Now follow me!" Luisa opened her eyes and nodded as a small smile plastered her face.

"Do like the brave and bossy do." Mirabel and Luisa danced in synch.

"And if they tear me apart..?" Luisa asked in a sing-song way.

"Just remember what to do!" Mirabel replied with enthusiasm as she she continues to dance.

"Just make the people have a step ball change of hearts." Mirabel adds in the end.

"A change!"

"A change?"

Luisa and Mirabel sings in unison. "And if folks say you can't win what'll stop them in a hurry?" She comments as she jumps off the change.

"Give it some zazz!"

Luisa followed suit as they made their way to the back of the theatre.

"There's no contest for a girl who has some razzmatazz!" They sing in unison.

"So call their bluff" Mirabel extended her arm towards Luisa.

"Bam!"

"And strut my stuff!" Luisa shot finger guns at Mirabel.

"Bam!"

"Like no chick in this hick town has
Instead of giving up!" They reach the back and they exit, somehow they got back to the real world where they once were in their previous attire.

"Give it some zazz." Luisa smiled at her sister earning a smile back from the smaller Madrigal.

"Thank you." Luisa hugged Mirabel tightly and Mirabel hugged back with a small chuckle.

"No problem."