CHAPTER 13: Shi-

3rd Person POV
"Mirabel where are we going?" Isabella sighs as they sneak into the stable. Rose and Spirit were both saddled and ready for a trip. Mirabel already packed in advance.

Although the horses were not used to having a rope around their snouts and a saddle on their backs, Mirabel made sure it was comfortable for them, of course, they got 2 more extra apples for a whole month in return.

"Just get on and follow me." Mirabel rolled her eyes. Isabella sighed again. 'Might as well go on with whatever she has planned.'

Isabella finally complied and got on her horse, Rose.

"Alright, onward Spirit!"
---------

The two sisters travelled full speed in silence for 10 minutes straight, until they reached a village. It was full of lanterns and slightly modern buildings. The place was slightly crowded, but some parted for them to pass by.

"Woah." Isabella's eyes lit up. She have never been to other villages before, not even outside encanto. "Where are we?" Mirabel grins at her sister's reaction. "Welcome to La Quezon el dia." (Random name I came up with.)

"There's a celebration today and many of the stores are going on sale, what do you say?" Mirabel smirked mischievously. Isabella smiled. "You know what, I'm in."

So they put their horses in the care of the local stables and ventured around the town.

They first went in a clothing store, which surprisingly wasn't that much crowded. "Here try these." Mirabel tossed some jeans, shirts, and suits and Isabella's face, Isabella catching them.

"But these are suits."

"Who cares? Try them on, I bet you'll look good!" Mirabel takes out a bag of coins. "My treat, you can get some pairs." She winked. Isabella hesitated but then agreed and went to the changing room. It didn't hurt to try it on.

After an hour, after some trying clothes and Mirabel's colorful critism, Isabella chose a light purple suit, it also came with a top hat and a masquerade mask. She got another pair of clothes, a matching corset vest which was with and purple, then a pair of jeans and a hoody.

Mirabel settled on a suit to match with Isabella, it was practically the same but instead of a tie, it was a bow and it was light blue green like her dress and there was no hat that came with it.

They decided to wear it for the rest of the night. It was oddly comfortable for Isabella.
---------

The two of them walked around the village and they came across a party, they got dragged into because they were pushed inside.

Instead of soft classical music, the music was very lively and catchy.

"Do you care for a dance?" Mirabel bowed jokingly. "I'm delighted." Isabella bowed back, both of them bursts out laughing then began to dance till morning.
---------

"Hey Isabella, I want to talk to you about what happened. You know, about Mariano and you."

"I don't want to talk about it."

They both got home at early dawn, everyone was still asleep. Mirabel followed her sister to her room, much to Isabella's dismay.

-----------
(I do not want to write a whole detailed musical number, so yeah, just imagine the scene "What Else Can I Do" But both of them wearing suits and Isabella didn't wear the top hat.)
----------

Meanwhile, Abuella Alma expects to have a nice rest after her trip, but nooooo.

She comes home with strange plants bursting around town and her granddaughters dancing on the roofs of their home.

Isabella and Mirabel went back down, but the face of a disappointed Abuella faced them. "Isabella, Mirabel, I am very disappointed in both of you, look what you have done..... and Isabella what are you wearing?"

"I- ummm, I-." Isabella was lost at her words, she never really have heard the sentence, "I'm disappointed in you." before.

"Leave her out of this Abuella, she needed this, she wasn't happy-"

"Of course, she was unhappy! You ruined her proposal!"

"No, no, no, no, she needed me to ruin her proposal, and we did all this!"

"The candle grew brighter and the cracks were fading! That's why I'm in Bruno's vision! I'm saving the miracle!"

"You have to stop Mirabel!"

Mirabel stopped her rambling and widened her eyes slightly.

"The cracks started with you." Mirabel took a step back.

"Bruno left because of you."
Bruno, from behind the walls, listened with a frown on his face, this was something he didn't wanted to see ever. His family fighting, but there wasn't anything he could do.

"Luisa's losing her powers, Isabella's out of control, because of you!"
Mirabel's sisters both look down in shame.

"I don't know why you weren't given a gift, but that does not an excuse to hurt this family!

It was silent. And that sentence itself, broke Mirabel, it shattered her heart to a million pieces.

"Do you think I wanted to hurt this family?" She clenched her fist. "All I wanted was you to be proud of me!"

"I will  never be good enough for you, will I?" She croaked.

"No matter how hard I try.... No matter how hard any of us try..." She gestured around her.

"Luisa will never be strong enough." Luisa frowned and looked at her sister in sadness. 'Mirabel...'

"Isabella will never be perfect enough."
Isabella, too, looked down. 'Mirabel, I'm sorry I took my anger out on you.' She thought to herself.

"Bruno left this family because you only saw the worst in him!"
Bruno was on the verge of tears, no one really defended him.

"Bruno did not care for this family!!"

"Bruno loved this family, I love this family, WE all love this family."

"You're the one who doesn't care! You're the one breaking our home."

"Don't you ever-!"

"The miracle is dying because. of. you!" Mirabel cut her off.
Abuella's eyes widened. The family stared at Mirabel with dumbfounded face. How dare she say that? "Mirabel that's enough!" Julieta yells.

That was it. It was all it took.

Crack. The ground cracked in between Abuella and Mirabel. The Madrigal family gasped. "No, no, no!" Pepa says. "The candle!" Felix pointed out.

The candle was flickering, and so was the doors, very dark clouds covered the sky, as Casita was breaking down.

Without really thinking, Mirabel rushed forward, "Casita, get me up there!"

Casita helped as much as they could, as for the Madrigals, they all lost their gifts. Camilo can no longer shape shift he fell bit Casita was quick enough to save him, Dolores has normal hearing, Antonio's animals ran away from him, Isabella can no longer grow anything her vines broke as she attempted to swing towards the candle. Casita was also able to save her on time.

Luisa's can't carry anymore, Julieta lost her power to heal, Pepa can no longer conjur up a storm, and Bruno can no longer see the future.

They were all worried for Mirabel, out of all of them, it was she who would risk her life to save the miracle she couldn't have.

"Casita!" Mirabel yells as she was threw down by Casita, Casita quickly gathered nearby furniture to protect Mirabel from their collapsing self. Mirabel held the candle gently in her palms, until the candle was no more but a small stud.