CHAPTER 1: We've got a Problem...

Mirabel's POV
"Tio what's going to happen.. What does this vision mean?"

"I don't know Mira, if only I knew the answer.. But the candle is still intact, the walls are only cracking slightly now, we still have time." He says trying to lighten up the mood and stay positive.

I sigh and shake my head. "We'll figure this out I know we will, for our family.. For encanto." I straighten my back, I feel a hand being placed on my shoulder. "And you're not alone, I'll try to help as much as I can."

I smile, "Thank you Tio." He then gave me a smile if his own, "Anything for our family."

--------
I look around before jumping out of the painting. I walk down the halls, with nothing but my thoughts. What the hell do I do now?

"How can I save everyone? I have no gift. I can't go abracadabra and suddenly get a gift." I mutter. I went inside my room and sighed. What am I going to do? I flopped on the bed and stared at the ceiling for a while.

"Wait a minute.. I think I still have some time beforel the vision happens.." I got up and got ready to head the library.
---------

"I know I'm not special, that doesn't mean I can't be." I glide my finger across the countless books took out a few martial arts, survival books, fighting books, whatever kind of book to help me learn how to fight and defend myself. I took out a spare and blank notebook with a black cover and took some notes in it.

This is the least I can do to help my family, who knows what could happen? I'm getting ready for the worst, I'd rather be prepared.
---------

"Mirabel, don't you think you should be heading home?" I hear a voice pull me put of what I was reading. "Huh?" I look up and saw the librarian studying me curiously. I look out the window and realize that the sun was already starting to set.

"Oh, sorry, I lost track of time." I quickly stood up and shoved some of the books in the bag I brought with me. "Martial arts?" The librarian handed me another one of the books. "Yeah, I  just got interested in this type of stuff." I shrug and push back the chair.

"Bye have a good night!" I wave at the librarian as I left.
----------

I open the door and try to be quiet as possible. But mama already stepped out the kitchen. "Oh, Mirabel where have you been all day?" Mama asked me as she was carrying a tray of cookies. "I was at the library." I take a cookie.

"Ah alrighty then, go clean your room, I'll send some cookies up in a few." Mama kisses me in the cheek. I'm thankful she cares for me so much, unlike some people, my existence is often forgotten to them.

I head upstairs and put all the books on a neat pile as I kick that 'Not special, special's thing under my bed. I swear to God I'm gonna explode if that happens again.

I open the first book and start to read.
------

"Hmm, I might need help from Luisa with this." I flipped a page about proper strength, and then stared at the plate of more cookies beside me. "Okay, step number 1, don't overeat yourself." I take one last bite then put it back on my plate.

The floorboards rattled around.

"I'm trying to learn how to fight."

The floors rattled again. "I know, I know, but it feels nice to know how to defend yourself." I reply.

It went up and down again.

"Yeah, yeah- I think I'm going to sleep early tonight, I have a big day tomorrow." I leave the open books and dived into the bed and shutting my eyes.

-------
3rd Person POV
Mirabel's mother stared at the empty seat where Mirabel was supposed to be in. "Luisa can you please call your sister for dinner?" Abuella asks. "I have something to tell you all.

Luisa nodded and went upstairs.

"Hey sis? Abuella's calling." She knocked on the door lightly, surprisingly it opened itself.

"Mirabel?" It wouldn't hurt to take a peek would it?

She saw her sister asleep on her bed, her desk and the floor was full of books and sheets of paper, she even left her glasses on her face, which was slight crooked.

Luisa shook her head but lightly chuckles. She stepped inside, cautiously to avoid stepping on anything and took Mirabel's glasses off her face and covered her with a blanket.

As she placed her glasses on the desk, she noticed what she was reading. 'Martial arts?' Luisa picked it up and read a few sentences. "I wonder what got her into that?" Luisa mumbles and placed the book back down on the desk and she left the room leaving it as messy as she got there.

She want back to the dining room and sat down. "Mirabel fell asleep." She said and started to eat. "Alright, then inform her when she wakes up. I'll be leaving for 2 weeks out if Encanto, I have something to fix and an agreement to arrange in an another village, be mindful of your chores. I trust you all enough to do your part."

The family Madrigal looked at each other but shrugged. "We won't let you down." Isabela said for all of them. "Wonderful." Abuella smiles.
---------------