CHAPTER 21: The Letter

3rd Person POV
Bruno couldn't sleep he was very, very worried for Mirabel and tonight wasn't any different. But this time, he was gonna do something about it.
"Do it for Mirabel." He sighed and a fiddled with his fingers as he entered his vision cave.

---------
A few weeks later.
"Happy Birthday, to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday, happy birthday, Happy Birthday To you!" The crowd sang as a certain Madrigal triplets blew their candles.

"Happy Birthday Mama!" Isabela kissed her mom on the cheek. She handed Julieta a BIG present.

Next she greeted her aunt. "Happy Birthday Tia!" She hugged her and hand her a fairly large gift. "Gracias, Isa." Pepa pat her niece on the head.

"And Happy birthday Tio!" She gave Bruno a very big squize and a gift as the same size as Pepa's.

A rainbow appeared above Pepa's head when she opened her gift, it was a pretty vase that had rainbows decorated around it, it also came with a necklace with half of the sun on it.

"Tio has the other half." Isabela smiled as Felix dangled the other half of the sun to show Pepa.

Yes, I did say rainbow.

3 years after the incident, slowly but surely, everyone slowly regained their gift, because as the days pass by, they all grew, as well as their relationship. Everyone understood each other, especially Abuella. Now that their bond was fixed a new candle shined, and it took place in Mirabel's room.

But that didn't mean they had forgotten someone... Yet rumors had passed on and on and no one had spoken about Mirabel, no one ever dared to mention her name. It'll cause the Madrigals to go on a rampage of depression.

But with the Madrigals, they mention her from time to time, sometimes Camilo wakes up in the middle in the night and go to Mirabel's brand new room and sits down in front of the door and talks to it as if he was talking to Mirabel.

Abuella would go inside Mirabel's room for hours just to sit there as she blames herself.

Isabela grows Mirabel's favorite flowers all the time and she breaks down in the inside everytime she does that because it's just another reminder that her sister is no longer here.

Luisa is conflicted the only way for her to stop thinking of Mirabel is by doing chores, but she remembers her promise to Mirabel to never overwork herself and just relax. Because when she thinks of Mirabel she gets sappy and emotional, she doesn't know what to do.

Even Antonio had sleepless nights thinking of Mirabel, his best friend.

--------
The party was still ongoing, Camilo stood in front of the mirror and thought very hard, what color were her eyes again? How long was her hair? How tall was she? Her glasses was blue right? Or was it green? Questions that couldn't be answered flooded his thoughts.

He finally lost it and punched the mirror straight in the middle, he didn't give two fucks about his bleeding hand, all he needed to do was to remember.

"Cmon, Camilo she's your cousin, you're best friend, your prank buddy." He clenched a handful of his hair. He widened his eyes, then realized. He frantically looked all over the mountains of paper, sketches and paintings.

He had gotten back to his old hobby that had been ignored and overlooked by everyone but Mirabel, he eventually lost time to do art, but now he was still able to. "Aha!" He smiled in relief and pride as he found the painting he had made years ago, it was a little smudged but he was still happy.

He was now familiar with Mirabel's face and shape shifted to her. Time to say hi to the family! It was a tradition now. Every birthday, christmas, new year or whatever holiday, Camilo shape shifts into Mirabel so the family can at least see there sunshine once more.
--------

Some people are still in denialllllll

---------
The party ended with Camilo going back to his self. Dolores immediately burst in his room with a plate of arepas.

"Eat this." She shoved one in Camilo's mouth, instantly healing his injured hand. "Gracias hermana." Camilo down on his bed. "Don't pressure yourself." Dolores said worried. "Don't worry I won't."

"Promise??"

".... Promise."
--------
Once dawn had come and the Madrigal family was awake and sitting on the dinner table, Bruno burst in the kitchen smiling. "I got good news family!!" He burst in with a note.

He had seen this coming, in his vision, a bird would come in with a message from Mirabel.

"What is it??" Alma noticed Bruno was overjoyed and giddy ever since a month ago, that wasn't like him at all. He may have gained confidence, yet he was still timid.

"So yeah, I did a vision a few weeks ago, and it was about Mirabel and it says that in my vision that Mirabel will finally contact us!" He says very excitedly.

"READ IT." Isabela yells overjoyed, Dolores was thankful that she decided to wear the earmuffs, Mirabel gave her, today.

Bruno scanned the first sentence of the note but his smile dropped. He then read out loud.

Mi Pamilya
It's been 3 years ever since I ran away, and I've been kidnapped, don't worry I'm alright, great actually, I can't disclose much information but I work for a 'mafia' or a terrorist organization, idk what exactly it is but I'm fine, I'm well fed, get enough sleep and I even get a paycheck, see I've got a job! Oh and the leaders favor me so I'm not dying anytime soon and I've made friends! But I'm not going to lie, I miss you, all of you, and yes, I forgive you.

Remember to not lose hope, always stay happy, and maybe, just maybe, I'll come home. I'm sorry but this will be the last you'll hear from me. My boss would go haywire and might kill me if she finds out. Good bye, for how long?? I don't know, I love you Mi Pamilya Happy Birthday Mama, Tia Pepa and to you too Tio Bruno
-M

"My poor baby!" Julieta sobbed as Augustin hugged and comforted his wife. The Madrigals were speechless, Mirabel? Kidnapped? Mafia? Kill?

"Mirabel you what-??" Isabela eyes was wide as plates.

------