CHAPTER 3: Spirit

3rd Person POV
After Mirabel read half of the book, she packed her things and went out for a stroll, a stroll couldn't hurt can it?

Okay, she got lost, she took a wrong turn and ended up in the dark and deep part of the forest, she squinted her eyes trying to see things better but then all of the sudden a very pained neigh was heard from the distance. She followed the continuous neighing deeper into forest and found a horse tangled in vines.

"Oh goodness! What happened to you?!" Mirabel gasped, the horse stood on it's back legs and kicked it's front legs around in fear and surprise.

"Easy, easy!" Mirabel threw her hands up in the air and slowly approached it. "I'm not going to hurt you." She says softly. The horse lowered it's legs and calmed down.

"There we go." Mirabel pet the horse slowly,  "Now let me free you." Maribel looked for something to cut it with, and luckily there was a sharp rock nearby so she cut the vines using that.

"You're free now." Mirabel said as she pulled the vines down. "Are you lost too?" She asked the horse. Mirabel wished she could talk to animals like her little cousin Antonio, the horse turned away from Mirabel and walked away.

Mirabel shrugged off the strange response and started walking the opposite direction but was surprised when the horse ran after and tugged on the sleeve of her sweater. "Ohh! you want me to follow you."

The horse snorts, "Okay, lead the way then." she chuckled. And the horse slowly led the Mirabel out of the forest and into the meadow. Now that Mirabel could see the horse clearly, the horse was golden brown she had black spots across her back, her mane and tail was also black.

"Wow, you're beautiful." Maribel run her fingers across the horse's mane which was extremely fluffy and soft. "You're a wild horse aren't you?"

The horse snorts in agreement.

"Oh, well off you go then." She gestured the horse to the wild. The horse trotted happily out to do the meadow.

Mirabel felt proud of herself and began to walk back to the middle of the forest to continue exercising. But she was suddenly lifted up the air and she landed on the something, she quickly gripped the mane of the horse who suddenly let Mirabel mount her. She's being kidnapped. By a horse.

That's not something you see everyday-

"Are you crazy?! You're lucky I know how to ride a horse!" She yelled as the horse neighed, but it kind of sounded like the horse was laughing.

Once Mirabel relaxed she began to go faster. "Woohoo!" She yelled and threw her hands up, she enjoyed the feeling of the wind, she always loved it, everytime she rode a horse she felt like she was free, more importantly she feels welcomed.

Then she heard a few more neighing and galloping behind her, she turned her head around and saw they were at least 10 more horses following her. "Wait, this is your herd!" She realized, then she also realized that she was riding their leader.

"Oh Dios mio!" She screeched when the horse sprinted faster. She hanged on tight and began to laugh. "This is the best!" She laughed as the horse jumped over a stream.

--------
The Madrigal family was looking for Mirabel in the town but she was not there. They asked all over town about her where abouts but the townsmen have not seen Mirabel. They began to worry. "Have you seen Mirabel?" Julieta asked a fruit vendor.

"Ah! I saw her going towards the forest." The vendor replied. "Alright thank you!" The Madrigal family begun to head towards it.
---------

Mirabel sat on the soft grass as she leaned on the horse who was laying behind her. "You want a name girl?" She asks and the horse neighed in delight. "Alright, you like Spirit?" Mirabel ran her fingers through the silky mane of the horse. The horse neighed in response. "Alright, spirit it is." Mirabel chuckled. She looked up at the sky and realized that her family might be looking for her.

"Oh shoot! I gotta to go!" She told up in panic. "Spirit can you take me back home?" She asked the horse snorted and sat up. Mirabel quickly got on the horse and made her way to her home. As she was ushering Spirit to go faster, she heard horses running behind her.

"Wait no! They're not supposed to follow us!"

Too late, Mirabel could only steer left and right. Mirabel chuckled at the stubbornness of the horse. "Alright girl! Now let's see how fast you can run."

----------
"I swear Mirabel is beyond predictable." Isabella grumbled, they were walking around for a few minutes but to them, it felt like hours.

Antonio spotted a squirrel, he held his arm out ushering the squirrel to move to his hand. "Hello, have you seen anyone here?" He asked.

The squirrel thought carefully and distinctively remembers a girl with curly hair and glasses in the meadow with the horses.

"Yeah! Follow me!" It squeaked but only Antonio understood. "Great! Hey everybody! I think I know where she is." Antonio called out and the family began to follow him and the squirrel.
----------
"Woohoo!" Mirabel was not even close to getting home, she kinda forgot about that when she started to do crazy stunts she didn't know she could do.

Like standing on a horse while it runs, jumping from horse to horse while they run, and swinging on a vine to get off a horse while you're riding it.

Spirit loved Mirabel, she always wanted a rider, but the previous ones she had found waddling around the woods were mean, incompatible, or doesn't know how to ride a horse.

"I like your spirit, Spirit!" Mirabel let go of the vine and Spirit immediately went under the her and caught her. "That was fun! Wanna go again?" Mirabel cheered and of course Spirit cheered as well and started to run again. The herd following them, they would follow their leader to the ends of the earth, and they're not gonna lie, they're starting to like the new human.

Spirit, never ever got tired that's why she wanted a rider, so she could use her unbelievable energy to play around, and Mirabel her new rider, is the best one.
---------

"Here?" Antonio looked around, and he saw a very beautiful meadow, with a few very tall trees, poking out somewhere.

"This place is beautiful." Dolores sighed, she was glad to take a break from the things currently happening with the family and Bruno and stuff.

"I agree." Above Pepa's head was a radiant rainbow, as she was very calm and happy. The family sat down on the grassy field for a while, accidentally forgetting what they were supposed to be looking for. But then Dolores heard the galloping of horses and a faint laugh, it was getting closer and closer by the second.

"Uhhhh, Tia, Tio...." She nervously called out to Mirabel's parents. "Hmm?" They say in unison.

"Is it just me or I see a bunch of horses coming this way." Camilo says while pointing out to somewhere.

And from that direction, they were able to see horse's heads going their way.

"Oh shit." Luisa says. "Language!" Both Pepa and Julieta yell.

'Wait.' Dolores heard a voice saying, 'go girl!' And she recognize it as Mirabel's voice. "Mirabel!?" Dolores pointed at the the herd that had dust around from the dustier side of the meadow.

When the dust cleared slightly, it was quite clear that a certain Madrigal was standing on a horse.

"MIRABEL?!" The Madrigal family all yelled in unison.