CHAPTER 29: Fuck It

3rd Person POV
Mirabel was beyond pissed at this point. Well, not at Kiara. Alright, maybe a little.

Her entire team was missing and they were nowhere to be found. So the most logical thing she thought of is to head to base immediately.

To her shock, everyone was panicking and running around, a part of the mansion was burning down, everyone did their best to save as much as they can.

Mirabel's POV
'Fuck it.'

I grit my teeth and run straight into the mansion.

"Captain Mira!" I hear someone from behind me yell.

My first goal was the emergency room, where we keep all the things in case of emergency. I grab a fireproof backpack and stuff every med kit I could find.

I ran to the room section checking every single room, the ones not entirety destroyed or burning of course, to find any people in need, I would care less about our wine basement and gun stash, they're all in the lower place, the walls and entrances are made of bulky metal anyway.

I found a maid, trapped, I recognized her, it was Blu, Jewel's girlfriend. My eyes see red, literally, I put out the near by fire and kicked off the debri that surrounded her, unfortunately she was passed out, I carry her on my shoulder after I checked to see if she had any injuries.
-------

"Is that everyone?!" I yell as I patched up one of the butlers who got injured, we had called the fire department immediately they were able to put out the fire, luckily only a small amount of the mansion was burned to crisp.

"Thank you Mirabel." Julian, a diamond, placed a hand on my shoulder. He was very frail, but what made him a diamond is his intelligence. I nod at him. He then made sure everyone else was safe.

I sat down, and sighed.

This place might not be the greatest place, but it's home, my home, the people, and by people I mean my team. Delilah, Emma, Cynthia, Daniella, Blu, all of them.

I immediately get up and got on my horse, disappearing into the forest, my sole reason of me staying was gone, and everyone was vulnerable, even the diamonds, so why not just escape this place?

I then stopped in my tracks. I smile. 'Revenge tastes sweet.'
---------
Oh shiiiiiiit, Mirabel's pissed-
---------
~2 weeks later~
Mirabel's POV
I get up, from my bed, fortunately for me my room was not close to the burning area. So my belongings were safe. We had repaired the broken part in a jiffy, Jayden had given me a  break, as long as I wanted, for what reason? I do not know.

But I feel dull..

This room felt empty. The hallways feel blank.

My team who I saw as family were missing because of my stupid attempts to court a Lily.

But my desire to see her again, to be her presence again, is.. Frightening. I have the urge to drop everything and kill whoever touches a hair on her head, it's driving me insane.

I never truly believed in soulmates but I think I'm starting to doubt that.

The tracker- I haven't given it to Jaden yet. Maybe....
------

I knock on the door of diamond's office, I decided to put on a more mysterious attire. All black, plus a coat, and a cow boy hat. Mysterious enough right? 

Nora had answered. "What do you want? Oh, Mirabel come in!" It's no secret that I'm a favorite. And I'm thankful for that.

"Good Morning." I bow. "I would like to inform you I will be going on a vacation." I continue, the diamonds like going straight to the point. But then I noticed only 5 of the diamonds were present.

Nora

Jayden

Hera

Julian

Kim

"Of course Mirabel, you can go on a vacation. You have done so much for us in a short time span. Besides I understand, your teammates went missing, you need to mourn." Jayden smiles. Almost sincerely. "But we have your tracker, so don't even think of escaping, we're watching you Mirabel." And there's that catch.

This is why I like being the favorite, I'm wanted here, I'm liked, I'm important here.

I thank them and immediately leave. I first wanted to say goodbye to Blu, and reassure her. She's a very shy person, and without her girlfriend, she might be sad and upset.

I arrived at her room, but then realized that it was open, I walk in and saw that it was empty, like, really empty, her belongings were gone.

Did they fire her?

I leave, I can't cry, no, not here. Do not show any weakness. Being vulnerable at this place is one free tickets to the afterlife.

"I'm going to kill em." I let out a shaky breath. But then my mind was filled with memories of one certain girl.

I can't.

No you can. You are an assassin. You've killed many before.

But that's not who I am.

I get on Spirit as I argue with myself. "It's what I'm made for. Hyah!" I motion Spirit to move.