CHAPTER 15: Out And Away

Mirabel's POV
I ran, I know it's not the best idea, but what else can I do? I go towards the back to the stable.

"Spirit, we have to get out of here." I sternly stated and got Spirit ready for the trip, packing apples and carrots, and of course a saddle and the lead.

"We're going to have to leave the herd." I look at her sympathetically. Spirit's eyes widened, I can see her eyes grow sad but Spirit srinted off while putting me on her back, does she love me that much?

"Spirit..." I look at her with a worried face. Spirit snorted as she continued to dash, that snort sounded like 'shut up before I change my mind'

"Alright, let's get out of here!" I led Spirit through the crack in the mountain that ended up splitting.

I take one look back at my home before speeding up.

"That isn't your home anymore."
----------
Spirit and I have been traveling for what felt like a day, I had no way of finding out. I depended on my knowledge and the books I had conveniently brought with me in my pouch.

And to my relief there was a village near us.

"Let's go!" I cheer on Spirit, who sped up constantly.
-----------
"And that's how I ended up here." I finished my story.

So yeah, apparently this village don't like foreigners. And apparently that would be me. I'm talking to the village head to discuss what they would do with me. The village's name is Outback, pretty fitting to be honest. I had no idea there were village's close to Encanto.

"Hmmm, I see, do you have any special talents?" He asked. "I'm not sure, but I'm willing to find one. Why do you ask?"

"No reason." He grinned then snapped his fingers. I stared at him weirdly but suddenly I felt someone hit me in the back of my neck, I suddenly felt really dizzy. The next thing I know it, everything turned pitch black.
-----------
3rd Person POV
Two men with masks threw Mirabel in a carriage.

"Nice having business with you. I'll be taking the horse too."

As the men left, the village head sighed and slapped himself in the face.

This village is the property of their organization, a terrorist organization, and part of their deal, was to give away a slave each month, they didn't have anyone suitable. He had no choice.

He knew it was wrong. He didn't want to sacrifice his own people that did nothing. But held a little bit piece of mind sending the girl, he didn't know her. The guilt would die eventually.
----------

"Wake up."

Mirabel groaned. "Wha- whe-" She mumbled. "Thank goodness, are you ok?"

Mirabel squinted her eyes and saw a girl who had long red hair and she had light skin compared to hers, those were the only features she could make out without her glasses.

"Where am I?" She asked, she felt that someone hover over her, she started looking for her glasses. The kind stranger handed it to her.

"Thanks." She wiped it on her shirt then put it on. She looked around, she seemed to be in a room with 2 bunk beds and 2 closets.

"Where am I?" She asked again. "You're in our dorm, they didn't explain it to you on your way here?" The red head stood up and helped Mirabel stand up as well. Mirabel shook her head.

"All I remember is that I fainted, nothing more." She sighs. "Hm, understandable, now let me explain, today they'll come pick you up and lead you to the tattoo room, then you'll get a tattoo..."

"Tattoo?! For what?!"

"Let me finish, once you're done, they'll bring you back here, since you're a servant, they'll mark you as their property, if you're lucky, you could get sold to someone and get out of this living hell."

Mirabel gulped, she thought that she would be fine, but nooo, she gets kidnapped, yay!

"My name's Cynthia Copes." She curtseys. "But please, call me Cyn."

"Nice to meet you, my name is Mirabel." Mirabel replies. "Mirabel...." Cyn travels off. "Just Mirabel." Mirabel didn't consider herself a Madrigal anymore. She was not deserving of her name. Not when she was the sole reason everything fell apart.

Cyn nodded. "Where are you from?" Mirabel asks, she just had a tad bit feeling she was not from here, "I'm from America, and you're from around here right?" Cyn gleefully replies. I nod.

'How much energy does this woman have?'

"Most of us here are from America, but recently evey single race are piling up here." Cyn adds, "i see."

Somone suddenly knocks on the door, Cyn nearly fell on her feet on her way to open it. She bowed her head once she opened it. "I'm here for the new girl."

Cyn immediately beamed when one of her favorite bodyguards was there instead of the other ones. "Daaa- Lilah!" Cyn immediately pounced on her. "Shh! Not so loud princess!" 'Lilah' pushes herself and Cyn in the room and she shuts the door behind her.

"I missed you!" Cyn somehow hugged Lilah tighter. "I missed you too princess, but sadly I'm on duty." Cyn finally let go, but with a huff. "Sorry, baby, I'll make it up to you later." Lilah kissed the forehead of Cyn.

"Erm..anyway, my name is Delilah, I'll be your escort to the parlor." She fix her posture. "Gracias, I mean uh, thank you." Mirabel spoke Spanish and it was evident of how she speaks. She wasn't sure if this woman could understand, she liked someone who would but you can't base people entirely of their looks can't you?

"No problema chica." Delilah chuckled. Mirabel smiled. "Vamo." Delilah opened the door for Mirabel and ushered her out.
----------
Mirabel was not expecting that kind of tattoo, do you count placing a hot flat metal on your skin a tattoo, cause Mirabel distinctively remembers that is not even close to what a tattoo is, despite only reading it from books.

Mirabel groaned as she plopped down on the bed, "What happened to you?" Cyn asked and crossed her arms.

"Apparently putting hot metal into one's skin is the new tattoo process." Mirabel says sarcastically and very painfully.

"No, you're not... You can't be... Oh shoot."