CHAPTER 28: First Dance

3rd Person POV
Kiara and Mirabel stared at each other intensely as they moved and danced around, although in the town's perspective they were looking at each other with love.

It inspired them to join in.

"We're that convincing?" Mirabel smirks and smiles. Kiara cursed at herself for being easily flustered. I mean who wouldn't?

Kiara then let herself fall while Mirabel quickly caught her. "Luv, I would rather not have you hurting yourself." Mirabel rose an eyebrow. Kiara obviously blushed again.

(So as you can tell, Mirabel is more of a top- jk)

It was a mere trick to get the tracker back, but she had no luck getting Mirabel's. The two talked while dancing, they pushed the fact that they were enemies aside, and actually had a great time talking.

"Wait, wait, you're telling me that Daniella nearly set the kitchen on fire? What was she even making?" Mirabel twirled Kiara as she giggled. "A bowl of cereal." Mirabel laughed.

Kiara scrunched her face to a very confused expression. Again, Mirabel found it very cute. After the laughter is was silence, as the music ended. The 2 girls were ready to pull apart, but then another round of music started to play, but this time it was slow dance music.

"May I have another dance m'lady?" Mirabel bowed and held her hand out. "Of course." Kiara giggled and took Mirabel's hand. She placed her other hand on Mirabel's shoulder, while Mirabel put her hand on Kiara's waist.

As the two of them swayed slowly. Mirabel started to hum. "You know the song?" Kiara asked as she pressed herself closer to Mirabel, Mirabel removed her hand from Kiara's waist and took her other hand to intertwine them.

"Yeah, it's one of my favorites." Mirabel also leaned in, losing herself to the music. She had fallen, deeply, now that she got to know the woman more, her favorite color to her food preferences, everything Kiara had, Mirabel found it adorable and beautiful, call it love at first sight.

"C-could you sing it to me?" Kiara blushed. Mirabel chuckled and placed her forehead on Kiara's.

"Time stands still." She sang.

"Beauty in all she is. I will be brave, I will not let anything take away." Mirabel open her eyes and stared at Kiara lovingly.

"What's standing in front of me, Every breath, Every hour has come to this."

"One step closer."

Mirabel did say that she could sing, but Kiara was surprised of the beauty in her voice.

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
One step closer
One step closer

Mirabel sighed when the instruments stopped playing. "My love, I will see you soon, but maybe, it will be on the battlefield, it was a pleasure meeting you, Kiara Santiago." Mirabel bowed. "Hopefully we'll see each other sooner."

"It was a great pleasure to meet you as well Mirabel." Kiara smilled. As she watches Mirabel disappear into the crowd, nothing was left but the tingling feeling in her heart and her very flushed cheeks.

"A great pleasure indeed." She reached for her radio but it was gone. Instead of getting mad, she smirked. "Sly bunny."

Mirabel was unaware, it was all part of her plan. Except the falling in love part, she didn't fall for her on purpose.
---------