CHAPTER 19: Isabella

3rd Person POV
Oh boy.. Shit's about to go down isn't it?

3 days of helping Julieta grieve for her lost daughter. Alma decided it was time to talk to Isabella.

"Isabella, may I come in?" She knocked on the door of Isabella's room. "Come in."

"Yes?" Isabella was sitting at her desk writing in a journal, Dolores recommended it to her.

"I want to apologize."

Once Alma said that, Isabella stopped writing. "What do you mean? There's nothing to apologize for."

'Here we go...' Alma thought, she really did mess up, big time. "I'm done with this conversation. No, I messed up, with everything especially with you. I protayed myself towards you, to give you opportunities that I was never given. The wrong part is that I didn't ask you about what you want."

"I-" Isabella was speechless. She didn't know what to say.

"And I'm not going to do what I did that drove Mirabel away, I'm going to do better, for her, for me and for you all. So I'm sorry, I really am.." Alma sighs.

"Abuella... I can't.. Forgive you yet.." Isabella says sadly, she wanted to forgive her, but her heart was still mad and broken. "I know." Alma sighs again. "But I'm willing to wait." With a smile, Alma open her arms and gestured Isabella to give her a hug.

Isabella rushed into Alma's arms and gave her Abuella a hug.

"And I'm not finished. Let me tell you a story of how I met your Abuello." Alma gestures her to sit down, they did, on the bed.

~Flashback~
There was a celebration, and it was tradition for each person to light a candle. A 16-year old Alma couldn't see from all the way at the back, so she decided to climb up on a lamp post. She was able to see the village head giving his own speech.

But she also noticed a young fellow that had the same idea. They made eye contact. The man waved hi, Alma tried to wave back but nearly fell off. They both laughed.

After the celebration, they both decided to talk and hangout by the nearby fountain. They laughed, they talked, and both nearly fell into the fountain, and laughed even more. It was almost love at first sight, but the 2 didn't know that until a few months later, when they went out stargazing. It was a sweet moment, the first time they shared a kiss, from that moment on, they were inseparable.

Two of them were like 2 butterflies, both unique in their own way, the other appreciating one's beauty, and helping the other realize theirs.

By the age of 18, they got engaged, then got married a year later... And they had triplets. Life was good, life was perfect. Until the terrorist attacked.

~Flashback End~

"I lost my other half, I lost everything. I didn't want the same for you, but I only focused on what I want, I now know that it was completely wrong to do so." Alma looks down and frowns. Of course Isabella felt sad, she shed a tear while hearing the story, but she still needed time to recover..

"Don't worry about that Abuella, you have us now." Isabella placed a hand on her grandmother's cheek.

"And I'm grateful for that, I just wished I realized that sooner, before I lost another.."

Isabella knew what she was talking about, she hugged her Abuella, and Alma hugged back.

~~~
DOS ORIGUITAS-

Ehem- sorry- I just loved that scene- I couldn't help but add more sweet moments:'))