CHAPTER 9: Daily And New Schedule

Mirabel's POV
The floor boards rattled around, and may I take note, very, VERY, loudly. Wait a minute, since when did I get home? Oh yeah Luisa carried me.

"Alright! Alright! I'm awake!" I grumble and lifted my head to see a very blurry room. I look around for my glasses, I put them on and checked the clock. 3:30 am, that's even earlier than what time I was supposed to be awake. "Casita whyyyy." I groan.

The tiles went up and down.

"Fiiiiiiiiine.... Mom." I say at the end and smirked. Casita moved a floorboard under the bed where the cork was and I fell off the bed with a grumble. I can practically hear Casita laughing.

"That hurt." I grumbled.
----------

After I changed into something similar to what I wore yesterday, pants, a shirt, and a sweater, I quickly made breakfast, some fries and egg salad.

Strange, Isabella never really been rude to me for days, even after I screwed up her wedding proposal, I never really done anything to her, I wonder why she's like that.

I shake my head. "I can never understand her." I put the pan I used in the sink.

After eating I took a spare plate and put some food in there, I got out the kitchen, oh wait I forgot the cheese.

-----------
I walk in the secret passage, good thing Tio fixed that broken part or I would've had fallen, again.

When I got to the small space Tio lived in, he was sleeping on the hammock and the rats were asleep on the small chair, snuggled up together under a blanket. I put the food on the table.

I look around.

This place maybe needs some renovating.
---------

How in the world did they sleep all through the noise?

I look at my still snoring Tio on the hammock. The rats were also still asleep.

Anyway, I just finished cleaning, except the dirty laundry it'll take me a few more hours so I just left it alone for now, so I got a pen and some paper and wrote something down.

Hey Tio Bruno! It's Mirabel, I got you and your friends some breakfast, cleaned your place a little bit. See you later Tio.

And with that done I left.
--------

Alright, the makeshift stable is gorgeous.

The thin but strong tree barks braided itselves and the roof, although still made from bark to make sure no rain would come leaking in, was decorated with flowers. Isabella over did herself this time.

Luckily someone already bought hay, horse feeds, and oats.

"Morning everyone!" I cheer, it is currently 5 am. Most responded with a joyful neigh.

I quickly give them breakfast.

I put aside the bucket I use to put in the food and saw saddles hidden away, since when did we get saddles?

I shrug it off and inspected them, it wasn't much, it was just a leather pad, nothing more, oh wait, there's that long leather thingy you put on the horse to control which direction to go.

"Maybe I should put it on them.... Nah just the saddles."

Wild horses don't get controlled, they aren't even supposed to be saddled, from what I could tell yesterday my family can ride on them without much help.

So I just toss it to the side with the other saddles.

--------
I ride back after another training session, currently it was 8 in the morning.

Phew, at least all that exercising paid off. Maybe I'll exercise here more often.

I let the horses out while I clean out the stables. Ew, barf.

---------
FINALLY. Finished!

I sit down on a rock tiredly, and it's just 9 am. I'm supposed to be practicing with my bow. Oh that reminds me.

I ran back into the house and my bow and some arrows, how did leaves work out in place of feathers? I do not know, they don't work as well as feathers, but hey they work.

I stood up and looked for a tree to shoot at. A tree not too hard and not too soft.

Ah, here we are, it was an oak tree it was pretty newish, it just grew to it's highest a month ago.

I step a few feet away and position myself. The journal said to never close one eye, it doesn't make it easier, in fact it makes it harder, secondly, it said to always raise your elbow and to not tense up much, just relax but maintain a good posture.

I let a breath and let go, it went flying a little fast but then it went down and hit the ground. Yeah no, feathers are definitely better, I'll just get real arrows.

I sigh and got on with my day.