Chapter 42: Make It Work.

3rd Person POV
Nami and Mirabel stood in silence as the steps grew closer and closer.

"Mirabel, are you in here?"

Mirabel's eyes widened when she recognized the voice of Kiara. Skeptical, she pokes her head to take a peak.

It was Kiara!

"Kiara." Mirabel stepped out of hiding a little, still hiding Nami just in case something bad happens. Kiara widened her eyes as her tense shoulders relaxed and her eyes lit up. "Mira!" She ran towards Mirabel in full speed and hugged her tight, dropping her lamp in the process. Mirabel, shocked but didn't put this opportunity to waste, hugged the small girl, just as tight. "I'm so glad you're okay." Kiara wanted to cry, but the sweet moment was ruined when Kiara spotted someone from the pillar Mirabel was hiding in. "Who's there?" Kiara protectively got in front of Mirabel and pulled her dagger out, call it whatever you like, in Kiara's defense, it was instinct. 

"No, Kiara it's okay." Mirabel held Kiara's hand that held the dagger and lowered it. Kiara looked at Mirabel confused but the faint smile on Mirabel's face reassured her enough and she dismissed her battle stance. "You can come out Nami." Mirabel called out, but then she remembered Nami's leg was still injured. "Oh shoot, right." She quickly walked towards the pillar and help Nami back up on her feet, Nami limped out of the shadows and Kiara's gaze turned to one that of soft.

"Oh dear, what happened to you?" She approached Nami, her doubt fading quickly. Nami was reluctant to trust the stranger in front of her, but Captain trusted her, maybe she could to.

"I got hit by an arrow." She squeaked in a small voice. "We'll get you fixed up as quick as we can." A small smile appeared on Kiara's face. Nami smiled back and nodded, she felt the urge to snuggle against Mirabel, so that's what she did. Mirabel didn't mind at all of course, the poor kid was exhausted. 

"Let's take you home." Kiara smiles as she outstretched her arms towards them.

---

Mirabel let the warm water flow for a while as she took a shower, her tense shoulders relaxed as she close her eyes and ran her hand through her curly hair. They made it safely back to the hotel, thanks to Kiara's help, Nami was in the hospital and they wouldn't allow Mirabel to visit until tomorrow.

Suddenly Mirabel punched the tiled wall as hard as she could, slight cracking  the wall and her knuckles bled as the skin tore through. Mirabel was not letting the Lillies get away this. Oddly enough, the way they hurt Nami infuriated her more than she should be.

"Mirabel?" A knock on the door interrupted Mirabel's slight rampage. It sounded like Kiara, Mirabel immediately washed the blood off. "Yeah?" She hissed slightly at the pain, but she inflicted this to herself so she shouldn't complain. "Are you okay in there?" Kiara's voice was filled with concern.

"Yeah, just finished." Mirabel quickly got out of the shower and wiped her hair as quick as she could. "There's food on the table, I'm heading back already." 

"Okay, I'll see you around." Mirabel sighs, she wished she could spend more time with Kiara, but alas, it is what it is. "Bye, take care." There was a hint of hesitation in Kiara's tone but the spund of fading footsteps followed. "It's okay Mirabel. We'll make this work." She stared at her reflection in the mirror.