CHAPTER 31: What Could Be

Time line of this chapter:
A year after Mirabel left

3rd Person POV
Isabela nudged Dolores further the path as Mariano stood under a tree decorated with hanging lights..

Mariano had started to fall for Dolores since a year ago, and Dolores have been in love with him from the very start. So it was about time they get together. An entire year of Mirabel being gone. Well, things should be getting a move on.

Isabela watches from afar as her ex-fiance and cousin started to talk and by the looks of it, it's going smoothly.

Mariano then gave Dolores a kiss on the back if her hand. 'Ok barf' Isabela then walked away.
-----------
~Back to the present~
A few months had passed since the note, yet still no sign of Mirabel. She really hoped that Mirabel was lying about the note, that it's the only time they're getting updates from her.

Isabela sighs and stuffs her face into her hands. Looking at the very happy couple, getting married soon, reminded her of the girl she saw at the bar all those years ago. She still remembered what she looked like, but not the name. Everytime she tried to remember it only leads her to nothing.

All she can remember is that the girl had short wavy hair and tanned skin, her eyes was the most mesmerizing part though, someday, she would drown in those blue eyes, she also would gladly let herself drown in them.

Dolores could hear Isabela's distress from a mile away. She wasn't sure what was it about, it's either Mirabel or her love life. "Amor, you alright?" Mariano whispers, knowing that Dolores ears were sensitive. Dolores appreciated his efforts greatly. "Mhm, I'm fine, just hearing my cousin sulking again."

"Ah, alright, I understand how hard it is for you all, I wish you luck." With a smile, Dolores kisses her boyfriend on the cheek.

Maybe, if Mariano still wanted 5 babies, she'd name one of them Mira. To honor her lovable cousin.

-----------
"Oh no! Be careful! My vision is telling me that you'd fall of the stairs because one of the planks were not nailed in properly." Bruno says as he hands a green disk to a fellow villager. "Thank you! I'll keep it in mind." He thanked Bruno.

After everything, the villagers opened up to Bruno as Bruno did the same, he was starting to become better in deciphering visions and making sure that even if it's bad, there will always be a positive outcome.

He learned that from his niece, there is always good in bad and bad in good. With the help of the two of his sisters, he decided to make telenovelas and tell them publicly. He often asked help from people to voice the rats, but soon he might actually write books.

And it's all thanks to Mirabel.

-----------
Pepa had also improved greatly. After receiving the note from her dear niece about being okay if it rains, hails, and snow, it wouldn't matter, her gift was wonderful.

Pepa was able to find joy and happiness when it rains, and everyone did too. When it rained, they'd dance around and play in it, when it snowed everyone would have a snow ball fight. As Pepa was learning how to control it, she would be smiling but rain would shower down. Or she would be mad, but the sun was still shining.

Pepa now understood what Julieta means when she would say Mirabel was a thousand wonders. Even when Mirabel wasn't here, she was helping.

She wasn't so anxious and nervous all the time now, those eye bags under her eyes from constantly stressing were starting to slowly fade.
---------

Luisa had finally found her happiness and rest. She, after doing some heavy lifting, like transferring a bridge and fixing walls, she would work at a floral shop. She definitely found flowers comforting, and the fact that it also was a puppy cafe and a library, it couldn't make Luisa happier, except one thing.

Mirabel wasn't by her side enjoying it with her.
--------

Abuela had the biggest improvement of them all. She no longer labels them or falling them into categories, no, she'd do her best and try to improve and unlock her family's potential.

Like having Antonio teach rats how to talk, or asking Isabela do some of Luisa's chores to see how strong her plants could be.

They were now obvious imperfections here and there, Abuela no longer cared, as long as it made them happy. She could imagine Pedro smiling down to them.

She just hoped that someday, Mirabel would come back. She could apologize properly and finally spend time with her. But she knew that there was only a little chance for that to happen.
---------

The 3 kids that loved to play with Mirabel, carried on Mirabel's legacy, singing and introducing the family Madrigals, and Cecilia catching a small crush on Antonio. Antonio was oblivious to it all though.

Everything could've been perfect, yet one was missing.

Mirabel. She was missing.

On Mirabel's birthday, they would throw a party, a huge one, sometimes they would bring gifts and stuff it in Mirabel's room, which wasn't a nursery, it was an actual room. A very wide one too.

The party would sometimes last until 3 in the morning, the Madrigals did not mind at all. It was the birthday of their beloved family member. She was important in their eyes, she was the miracle.

Mirabel Madrigal will always be their miracle.