CHAPTER 30: Can't Help It

3rd Person POV
Mirabel couldn't hold back the tears threatening to spill out at any moment given.

Spirit, her beloved steed, was worried for her, she ran away from that mansion as fast as she could, making sure she was careful.

They stumbled upon somewhere she never thought she'd come across.

"This is the Lily's territory." She got off Spirit and looked around. It was a pretty big town, might as well call it a city. There was a hotel nearby, thankfully.

She checked in and got a room. It was pretty nice, a big bed plus with it's own kitchen and you know, the simple necessities.

She checked the closet and they were indeed clothes for the guest to use as pajamas. Mirabel checked her wallet to see how much she was.

100,000 was enough to last her a few months don't you think?
-------
Mirabel's POV
Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, I'M SCREWED.

Ugh how in the hell was I able to travel this far in such short time. Why am I in the main headquarters?!

But then I saw someone my heart wishes to see. Her. Kiara. She seems to be working as a cashier in a restaurant.

I've been telling myself, that she's the enemy, no matter how pretty. My team's missing because of...

I can't.

I can't do it.

I stormed off, I don't know what to feel. Relieved? Confused? Mad? Sad?

"Ugh, this is so frustrating!" I say and ruffle my head. My head is telling me I should blame and kill her, but my heart is telling me to court her. Stupid feelings.
--------
Kiara's POV
OH MY GOODNESS DID SHE SEE ME?!

"What is she doing here??" I stare at the open glass window seeing Mirabel as she stormed off.

"I see someone's got a crush. Is that the one you met at the bar??" My friend, Nicholas, winks at my direction, I threw some tissues at his face. Nicholas roles his eyes. "Come onnnnnn. Ask her to the ball!" He said fanboying.

His arrogant ass likes it when his ship floats.

"I barely know her!" I, aggressively, wipe the counter. "Know her enough to catch a dance." He threw finger guns at me. I just glared at him he only smirked smugly at me. I groan and continue on cleaning the counter.

"The usual." He orders. I role my eyes but write down some fancy steak he likes to eat for take out for him and his fiance.

-----------
3rd Person POV
Mirabel had been exploring the city, going where her legs are taking her. But it often takes her back to that same restaurant all over again.

Mirabel sighs when she found herself in front of it again for the 20th time in 2 weeks. She hung her head in defeat and opens the door and walks in.

She was wearing a more formal attire. Something like British man would wear when they would visit the queen.

Mirabel wanted to stick out a little this time. But when she entered, people were dancing and talking amongst themselves.

A party..

She walked into a party. She suddenly got de ja vu. She had a feeling this happened before..

Her thoughts were immediately interrupted when someone pulled her to the side. Mirabel was about to yell and punch this guy in the face, but then she recognized her.

"Kiara?" Her eyes widened.

"Mirabel, what are you doing here?! This is a Lily's base dumbass." Kiara nudged her. "Ow! I didn't know at first!" Mirabel muttered annoyed. "You have my tracker! Give it back!" Kiara demanded, making a huffy expression, again, Mirabel found it cute.

"I turned it in already." Mirabel lied. "Oh." Kiara widened her eyes. She did? Kiara bit her bottom lip in anticipation and confusion.

'We would've been attacked by now.... So...'

Kiara realized Mirabel didn't actually turn it in. What was her reason, she wondered.

Mirabel began to take in Kiara's features a bit more. She was wearing silver earrings that we're gem shaped. Her hair was braided and curled a little and her gown was dark blue and had white linings, not to mention it's off shoulder, she had long gloves on.

Classical dance began to play.

Mirabel stared at Kiara expectingly. "Mirabel, I know we're both from the other side. But please, let's ignore that for now. This is the night." Kiara offered her hand.

"It is my pleasure, Kiara Santiago." Mirabel took her hand and led her down the stairs. This restaurant was big and expensive. Only the richest could afford even going there. Right now there was a celebration inviting all the nobles far and wide. Kiara worked there and was also included.

They resided on the dance floor as the instrumental music continued to play and a woman started to sing.

Wise.. men say..

Mirabel recognized the song, finally. It was played during her mother and father's anniversary.

Only fools... Rush in..

Her hand was firmly placed on Kiara's waist and her other hand was holding Kiara's hand. Whereas, Kiara's hand was on Mirabel's shoulder and the other was holding hers. The height difference was noticeable, Mirabel had a growth spurt and was a solid 6. And Kiara was about 5'4.

But I can't help... Falling in love with you...

Mirabel couldn't help but hum along. Kiara looked at Mirabel. "Okay, the world is kidding me right now, you know this song too?" Mirabel laughs a bit. "Yep." Kiara looks down bashfully. "So you don't mind singing again?" She mumbles but Mirabel heard it.

"Oh shall.. I stay?.. Would it be a sin?.." Mirabel sang. Kiara relaxed to the sound of Mirabel's singing, she didn't know why she felt comforted by her voice.

"Ohh, if I can't help.. Falling in love with you.." She sang softly, but clearly enough for Kiara to understand. She looked up at the tall woman and stared at her eyes, they were dark brown and lit by the ballroom lights.

"Like a river flows.. Surely to the sea. Darling so it goes.." Mirabel twirls her once.

"Some things are just meant to be..." And Mirabel was now smiling and it was a part of the dance that the two partners step away from each other.

"Take my hand.." Mirabel sang while holding her hand put for Kiara to take. "Take my whole life too..."

"Oh for... I can't help... falling in love...with you." The two then reunited, as per part of the dance and were now very close to each other, practicality hugging each other as their feet moved.

Like a river flows~

Mirabel was now silent as she let the woman sing.

Surely to the sea... Darling so it goes...

Kiara and Mirabel made eye contact and it felt like a spark.. A flame.. Something ignited inside them.

Some things.... Are meant to be....

"So take... my hand... take my whole life too.." Mirabel started to sing once again. Kiara was looking at Mirabel's eyes, closely paying attention. A person's eyes speaks more words that a person's mouth after all.

"Oh if I.. Can't help.. Falling in love... With you.." And Kiara could see the compassion and honesty in Mirabel's eyes. Kiara didn't know what to do with that information and only blushed.

The song slowly ended and Mirabel knew that she was in fact. Starting to fall in love with her. A lily and a rose. It was unheard of, but it made things exciting.