Chapter 41: Wondering

3rd Person POV
Dolores bit her lip as she paced back and forth. It seems that it wasn't just Isabella that had a million thoughts running in her mind. Again, was it coincidence that made them cross paths in the kitchen at 3 am in the morning?

"Dolores is that you?" Isabela squinted her eyes, the only light source was the moonlight peeking through the windows of the kitchen.

"Hey Isa, made ya some tea." Dolores sipped her coffee, she knew Isabela was coming down, she can hear everything.

Isabela nodded her head thanks as she took a sip of her tea. "Can't sleep?" She asks Dolores as she sat next to her. "Yeah. I still get nightmares." Dolores sighed. "How about we have a sleepover?" Isabela suggests, half-kidding. "Oh my gosh we should!" Dolores says with enthusiasm. "Whose room? Yours or mine?" 

"How about your room?" Isabela asks. Dolores nodded her head yes as she spoke. "Hm, sounds good, I'll go get it ready, just knock." Dolores winks and leaves the kitchen. Isabela also left shortly.

-----

Isabela knocked on Dolores's door while holding her favorite plush in her other hand. The door opened and it revealed Dolores with her hair down and a sleeping gown. "Come on." Dolores giggles and pulled Isabela in with glee. They walked through the stone path towards Dolores's tree house. They arrived at the cozy area Dolores calls her room, the queen sized bed was more than enough to for the two young girls. 

"Soooo, how are you and Mariano?" Isabela asks as she hugs her pillow. A small smile appears on Dolores' face. "Good, great even." Isabela smirked at Dolores' love-struck face. "Oohhh, so does he still want five kids?" Isabela teases as Dolores' face turned bright red. "Shut up!" Dolores threw a pillow at Isabela as Isabela laughed. "It's not like you don't have a thing for that girl, Portia." Dolores countered with a triumphed grin. Now it was Isabela's turn to blush. "There's nothing going on, with her sister and all, it'll probably be awkward." Isabela shrugs her shoulders. "Wait, her sister?" Dolores asks as her hung open. "Yep, her sister." Isabela chuckles as she lays on the bed. 

"All I can say is good luck." Dolores chuckles a little. Comfortable silence loomed over the two. A frown appeared on Isabela's face as she remembered her sister's letter. "Do you think she's okay?" She asks. Dolores knew what she was talking about. Dolores shrugs and closes her eyes. "Only time will tell." Isabela stared at Dolores with sadness. "Does the guilt ever go away?" Isabela mutters. Dolores remained silent, she too felt the weight of guilt. "I don't know." She finally spoke up. "I just hope she really is alright like she said on the note." 

"Yeah.." Isabela mumbles. 

---

"She was in fact, not alright"

---

"If she works for a.. terrorist organization, what do you think she works as?" Isabela asks. "Dunno, maybe a maid?" Dolores asked, half-joking and half-seriously. "To be honest, maybe, it kinda might be the easiest job out there." Isabela comments. 

"Well to be honest, she might be far away from us." Dolores mumbled sadly. "Yeah, considering it's been 3 years."

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

"On the topic of Mariano-" Isabela winked.

"On the topic of Portia!" Dolores cut her off with a blush. Now it was Isabela's turn to blush. "Huh, you know about that?!" Isabela almost screeched, she remembered Dolores had super hearing so she whisper-yelled.

"Well duh, I hear everything." Dolores smirked smugly, Isabela rose an eyebrow unamused. "Well, as long as I'm awake." Dolores shrugs.

"Rightt." Isabela chuckles as she lays down on the bed. Her feelings were all mixed up. She didn't what love is and what it will ever be.

All she can do is go with the flow.