Tammy and Garcia

Kazuhikos pov

FTE 1-tammy

"Uhh where are you taking me?" I raised an eyebrow as the short, plump girl dragged me along.

"It's a surprise, silly" she smiled coyly "now close your eyes before you ruin it!"

"Fine fine" I sighed as I covered my eyes. What is this girl up to?

"Tadaa!" I opened my eyes to see her standing by an oven, bowl in hand "I'm making you a tasty treat to thank you for asking me to hang out"

"Awesome" my eyes lit up "me and mom used to bake together all the time. Mind if I join you?"

"Of course not! You can never have too many cooks" she said brightly.

I hopped over the counter and we got started. We were shoulder to shoulder, getting our hands dirty with dough.

"Good form kazuhiko" she looked impressed.

"Coming from the ultimate baker that's high praise" I grinned.

"Well I wouldn't be anywhere without my mom" she smiled softly "he taught me how to bake and even helped me open up my first bakery. I owe so much to him"

"He sounds like a good mom" I smiled softly.

"What about your mom?" She asked.

"My mom's awesome. He was the nurturer while my father was the protector. They gave me a great childhood" I smiled softly at the thought of my parents. I hope I can see them soon.

She placed the batter in the oven with a smile "the cookies will be ready by tomorrow. Come visit me again Kay?"

"Ok" I nodded. Now I have something to look forward to.

FTE 2

"Now do my cookies rock or what!" Tammy grinned as she took a bite.

"Wow this is incredible, I've never eaten anything so tasty in my life" my face twisted in pure bliss. What is this sorcery!?

"That's the magic of the ultimate baker" she winked at me "I'm not good at a lot of things but I'm at least confident in my cooking. I wasn't even good at being a boy" she gripped her chest with a distant look.

I looked at her with sympathy "how did your parents react to you coming out"

"They were supportive" her face softened "my dad said he was proud of me for being true to myself, that I'm braver than he could ever be and my mom just wanted me to be happy but ever since I came out we've been getting less and less customers. I can't help but feel like I let them down" her eyes weld up with tears "I'm sorry I need to go"

She ran off before I could stop her.

FTE 3

"Umm kazuhiko I appreciate you trying to cheer me up but honestly I'm fine-" her excuse was cut off by me pushing her into a handmade bakery "what's this?"

"You said that you lost customers by being yourself and you felt like a burden to your parents. Well I'm about to show you how much you can gain by being yourself" I pulled down the curtains, revealing our classmates "we're open folks!"

There was an eruption up cheers as they rushed in. Tammy stared at me, jaw dropped.

"Kazuhiko" tears of gratitude wavered before she gave me a thumbs up "alright but I can't do this alone. Will you be my second cook?"

"Anytime partner" I slid over the counter and landed by her side.  We'll be run off our feet but it's worth it to see her smile again.

FTE complete!

FTE 1- Garcia

Chest heavy, eyes darting everywhere. It really happened. I've finally asked my crush out! But now I'm too nervous to even form a sentence. Gah why do I have to be so lame.

She turned to me with a patient smile "is everything alright kazuhiko?"

"Ye-yeah" my face turned bright red "I just really don't know how to talk to a princess"

"Oh nonsense. I am no different than anyone else" she said firmly "here let me show you"

She took my hand and my brain immediately stopped functioning.

"Let us run across the beach as equals" she dragged me around the beach as my brain fried from embarrassment.

FTE 2

"I hope I didn't tire you out yesterday kazuhiko" she looked at me with a coy smile.

"No not at all" I hid my blushing face.

She nodded as we reached into her bag and pulled out a switch "I'm not as good as my mother but I still love gaming. Will you join me?"

"I-I-I" for a moment I couldn't form a sentence. Come on kazuhiko get it together! "Sure" was all I could force out

"Wonderful" without warning she sat next to me, sharing the switch between us. Our shoulders were touching. The heat of her skin left me unable to focus on the game.

"Ah it seems I've won again" she smiled.

"Sorry. It must be no fun to play against someone who sucks" I sighed.

"Nonsense. It's just as my mother always says, no matter how bad a player is as long as your having fun it does not matter"

"You sure do talk about your mom alot. You must really admire her" I smiled softly.

"More than you'll ever know" there was a softness to her that wasn't there before. I could feel how much she adored her mother.

My thoughts were cut off by her laying her head against my shoulder. My mind went blank. What should I do? What should I say!

We ended up spending the afternoon in silence.

FTE 3

We were playing the switch as usual when Garcia suddenly put it down "kazuhiko I want you to know that I trust you very much. No one else has shown me such kindness"

"You have no idea how much that means to me miss Garcia" I beamed.

"May I tell you a secret?" She looked so vulnerable.

"Of course" I gave her my full attention.

She took a deep breath "I'm a illegitimate child"

"Wha-" I stumble back in shock.

"My mother was unhappy in her forced marriage. She was madly in love with my other mother, so she'd run to see her every night. Eventually my mother became pregnant with me. So my grandparents did damage control, divorced her previous spouse and married my mom before I was born. I've never told anyone this. It would ruin my family if anyone knew"

I took her by the shoulders "nothing has changed between us. You will always be a princess to me"

She teared up and hugged me "thank you kazuhiko. You are a true friend"

I smiled and hugged her back. It's true that I'd like to be more than a friend but the fact that she trusts me with such a secret right now is enough.

FTE complete!