A Traitor Is Among Us

Fuyuhikos pov

"You do realise there could be a traitor among you"

My blood ran cold at those words. I mean I always had a feeling. Someone has to be controlling that bear and the most logical outcome would be that it was one of us but to hear it confirmed was a little off putting. Da fuck is that puppet master playing at.

"What do you mean?" Sonia asked nervously.

"Hey why do you think there are sixteen students here? I only brought fourteen" the bear continued "the only explanation is that two of you are working for world ender yes?"

"Like we'll believe something like that!" Mahiru glared at him.

"Why not? Sounds pretty fucking believable to me" I spoke up. I for one have had enough of this friendship is magic bullshit!

"Well I would rather trust my friends then that horrible bear" Sonia said firmly. The others nodded in agreement.

"Someone has to be controlling the bear you stupid bitch!" I growled.

"What did you call her!" Mahiru stepped in.

"You heard me, or are you as deaf as you are a bitch!"

"That's enough!" Kazuichi stepped in "fuyuhiko I understand that you're cautious and that's totally valid given the circumstances but we shouldn't fight. If there's a traitor we'll find them together"

"Tch aren't you fucking optimistic" I groaned. This kid has been a lot nicer to me than most people. He probably thinks he can fix me. Stupid kid. Still a strange part of me wants to protect him.

"You're way too nice to him kazuichi" hiyoko smirked like the little goblin she is "don't you understand? He's a piece of shit yakusa!"

"I know he's a yakusa but I don't get the feeling he's a bad guy" he said thoughtfully "He seems like the kind of guy who follows a moral code you know!"

"Fuyuhikos right. You're way too optimistic" hajime shook his head.

"Haha maybe" he chuckled.

I groaned into my hands. What a stupid kid! Still there's something endearing about his carefree optimisation. Maybe he'll be one of the people on this damn island that I can tolerate!