Fourth Motive

Kazuhikos pov

We headed down to what looked to be a giant elevator.

"Feast your eyes ladies and gentlemen on the elevator of horror" monokuma said, now dressed in a top hat and crain.

"Hmm looks like a regular elevator to me" kichi shrugged.

"Ye-yeah. What's so special about this elevator?" token eyed it suspiciously.

"I'm glad you asked my little weeaboo friend" monokuma grinned "this elevator goes up and down, left and right and spins a hundred and eighty degrees at speeds you could never imagine"

"Wow that sounds really fun" kichi bounced excitedly.

"Don't you think this is a little fishy?" Saiko said calmly. The others nodded in agreement.

"Oh did I fail to mention" monokuma casually slipped into the conversation "if you ride you get clues to the mysteries of this island"

Our heads popped up. This caught our attention.

"This could be massive for us" saiko muttered.

"So you think we should go ahead with it" token asked nervously.

"I say yes! Nothing ventured nothing gained" Kichi marched ahead.

"You just want to ride the haunted elevator" pekoya pointed out.

"Guilty as charged" kichi laughed nervously.

Pekoya shook her head fondly "I'll go too. Someone has to watch her"

"I'll go too-"

"No" she stopped me "you still need to recover from your motion sickness"

"I guess I'll stay back and look after him then" Kaizan slapped my back.

"I thank you for your kindness" pekoya bowed politely.

"I'm staying back too. Elevators scare me" natsuki chuckled.

"You couldn't pay me to get in that thing" token glared at it.

"The ground is more suitable for someone like me" taru muttered.

"Alright then you boys stay down here while we girls have some fun" aiya grinned before running into the elevator with the others.

We waved at the others as the elevator went up. We watched as it went every which way. I felt sick just watching it! I was relieved when it eventually came down.

The girls were all smiles as the reached the ground. Those smiles quickly faded when they realised the doors were closed.

"Kazuhiko!" Kichi banged on the door.

I rushed over to them and pulled on the door "it won't budge!"

"It won't open on our side either" pekoya looked at me worriedly.

"That's right" monokuma said from behind us "and they'll stay locked up until you kill someone. Best of luck" he disappeared, leaving us with a terrible realisation.