Suck It Up!

Kazuhikos pov

I walked down the beach with cloudy thoughts in my head. Naoko. Ray. Both my classmates, my friends! Are dead. I couldn't do a thing to help them. Some yakusa I am! I can't even protect the people I love. I even lost my best friend.

"That's a pretty gloomy expression" I turned around to see none other than kichi.

"I'm not in the mood for your games kichi" I growled.

"Who says we're playing games" she leaned forward "I get why you're upset. Heck everyone's a little gloomy today. That's why I skipped out on breakfast. All this negative energy just isn't good for the skin" she stretched.

"You're unbelievable" I shook my head angrily as I turned to walk away.

Kichi stepped in front of me before I could "you want some advice?"

"Not particularly" I walked away when..

"Suck it up" 

I turned around in shock at her words "what did you say?"

"You heard me. Suck it up!" She grinned widely "naoko is dead and it looks like things are going to get a lot worse from here on out so you have to stop getting down like this. Put on a brave face or something. You are a yakusa aren't you?"

That look on her face. At that moment she reminded me of naoko. I feel like she would have just as much resolve as she did.

I pulled her into a hug.

"Eh! Wa-what are you doing!" She yelped. It was kinda cute.

"Thanks kichi. I needed that pep talk" I muttered greatfully.

"Whatever just don't grab me like that! Jeez yakusas have no common decency" she pushed me away and fixed her bow.

I chuckled softly. I think I made a new friend.