Beach Day

Fuyuhikos pov

I stuffed my hands into my pocket as I walked to the beach. Kazuichi invited me this morning. Why did I bother you may ask? Well as much as I hate to admit it I've grown a soft spot for the kid. After all the gang wars and torture I've endured I can't turn down an invitation from a kid with pink hair? I really am pathetic!

"Fuyu you made it" I was about to yell at him for giving me a stupid nickname but then I caught sight of him.

He was shirtless with only some pink shorts on. I felt my face heat up. What the fuck? Why can't I stop staring!?

Kazuichi didn't seem to notice my creepy staring. Instead he pulled me into a hug "I'm so happy to see you!"

"The fuck you think you're doing!" I pushed him away, the feeling of his bare skin still lingered on my fingertips. It feels pretty good- Gah stop intrusive thoughts!

"Sorry. I just want to be close to you" he said with a slight blush. What the fuck? Does he have a thing for me? No I must be reading too much into this!

"Anyway let's have some fun fuyuhiko" he took my hand and led me to a picnic stop "I bought cookies without the milk. I know you can't stand the stuff" he winked at me.

"Hold on. How did you know I was lactose intolerant?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"Eep!" He yelped, his face was guilty as fuck.

"Are you some stalker or something-"

"No it's not like that!" He waved his hands frantically "peko told me. I noticed that you two were close so I thought she'd know what kind of food you'd like"

I was godsmacked. He figured out my relationship with peko! The kids are more perceptive than I give him credit for!

"You sure went through a lot of trouble for me" I took a seat.

"Of course I did. I like you after all" he sat opposite me with that cheesy grin of his.

I smiled to myself. A honest kid like this is one in a million. I decided at that moment that I'd protect him no matter what.