Chapter 1

Kylie

P.O.V

Beeep beeeepppp beeeppppppp

I twisted in my bed and turned off the alarm clock. After saying a little prayer I got up out of my warm comfy bed and went to the bathroom to do my morning routine.

After roaming through my closet I found a pair of black leggings and pulled out a pink and black hoodie. After looking at my self one more time in mirror I head to the kitchen to make my breakfast.

  After eating my breakfast and washing up the dishes I used. I checked the time which was 7 o'clock, sighing I walked out the house closing the door behind me. The fresh air greeted my body which gave me a better feeling in going to work.

How rude of me my name is Kylie. I live alone in a one bedroom apartment which wasn't the best considering it was also on the worst side of town. I work at a small bakery in town beside a multimillionaire company. I have one friend Anna, that's my bitch.

.............

I was in the locker room changing into my work clothes while speaking to Anna.

"Kylie go to table four now," my shitty boss yelled at me.

"I hate that son of a bitch," Anna whispered shout

"Tell me about it," I said, rolling my eyes as we both walked out the back room.

My boss's name is John, he's the meanest boss I ever know he literally treats people like his personal slaves and he is shit FYI.

I head to table four and took the customers order. After taking their orders and serving them I went to another table.

........

"Kylie you're closing tonight," John said

"I can't I have to-"

"Do you want to be be jobless Kylie?"

"No sir," I said while looking away.

He dropped the keys in front of me before walking through the doors.

"Asshole," I whispered before getting back to work.

After a hour I sighed out and start closing up. Anna had stayed back to help me out. So as I closed all exits, she cleaned the tables. If it wasn't for her I would be here another hour.

"Thanks for staying back Anna," I said.

"No worries," she said while smiling.

After hugging Anna goodbye, we separated by going into different directions.

On the way to the bus stop I had to walk pass three huge buildings one of them being a multimillionaire company owned by one of New York's biggest business man.

As I approached the huge building owned by the millionaire, a group of men standing outside in business suits caught my eyes.

As I got closer only one of them caught my attention.

His sharp features was highlighted by the lights of the building that stood proud behind him.

He started walking towards me and my body froze. His eyes caught mine and he stared back into my eyes for a couple seconds.

His lips upturn slightly into a small smirk and it stayed for a seconds before disappearing. My hands became sweaty as he came closer.

For some reason I found myself holding my breath and just then he walked straight pass me. I released the breath I was holding as I turned around to look at him.