10

INT. HR'S ROOM – DAY

MS enters HR's room while HR is studying. MS beaming, leaves door open.

MI-SOOK
My lady, the master sent me out to buy you some new things for the small dinner party that he's holding. Would you like to see them?

HYE-RYUNG
(smiles, puts aside her materials)
Yes, of course.

MS leans outside the door and waves in two servants holding HR's new dress and another with accessories. HR's eyes go wide and she goes to look at the items more closely, feeling the material.

HYE-RYUNG
Kim Mi-Sook! These must have cost a fortune.

SERVANT 1
Aren't they beautiful, my lady?

SERVANT 2
I've never seen anything like them. I'm shaking just holding them.

MI-SOOK
Truthfully, I wanted to get you even finer items but they would hardly have been appropriate for a small dinner party. I am very much looking forward to shopping for our next big feast. I may have a tailor come for that and make you something perfectly suited to you.

HYE-RYUNG
You should not have spent so much, surely.

MI-SOOK
(with glee)
Miss, the more extravagant I am, the more pleased His Majesty is. It's practically my duty now to spoil you as much as possible. And I am going to enjoy every minute of it. Aren't the colours just perfect for you?

HYE-RYUNG
I'll be afraid to wear all of this. It's so delicate.

MI-SOOK
(playful)
I think you will have to get used to it, Ms Choi.
(to the servants)
We all have to get used to dealing with more precious items. There's no need to be afraid. We'll be extra careful. What really matters is how well we serve Ms Choi, isn't that right girls?

SERVANTS 1 & 2
Yes, ma'am!

MI-SOOK
Shall we see how all this looks on you then? I'd like to be sure that the fit is right.

SERVANT 1
Oh yes, miss, please!

HYE-RYUNG
(smiles)
All right then.