9

INT. SITTING ROOM – DAY

PM, Chief Inspector, and Chief Royal Secretary sit at a table eating with Gwi. Gwi only drinking.

CHIEF ROYAL SECRETARY
(to Gwi)
So they expect that there is a spy somewhere in their group, but they haven't discovered our plant yet. Fortunately, they are currently chasing other leads so he seems to be safe for now.

CHIEF INSPECTOR
We're all very grateful to you, Your Majesty, for your help. My wife especially wanted me to share her gratitude.
(looks to PM)
And we're all very sorry for your loss, Prime Minister.

PRIME MINISTER
Thank you. It's unfortunate that my wife died in the attempt but the important thing is that our positions all remain secure. It's the kingdom we must think of and not our individual interests after all.

No one believes this but they say 'indeed' and 'that's right' at the same time. Gwi watches them all silently.

GWI
And is there further talk of any other attempts or have we scared away their pool of resources for a small period of peace?

PRIME MINISTER
I don't think we'll hear anything from them for some time. They are focusing on cleaning their own house now. Moreover, most assassins will be hesitant to take on their work after losing so many men so easily. We should have a clear field to strengthen our position and move forward with our own plans in court for now.

GWI
Very good, then we can return to business as usual. Do let me know about any new developments or projects as they come up.
(prompting PM to mention his search for a wife)

PRIME MINISTER
We have a meeting with the faction this week to discuss direction, positions, and plans. We will have a report ready for you at our next meeting.

GWI
(pauses, unsurprised that PM is keeping quiet)
Well then, I will look forward to hearing what the brightest minds we have are currently focused on.