37

after a few weeks, a tiny bump started to show. i booked an appointment to get an ultrasound.

"leah come on we're going to be late" i called from the door.

"i'm coming" she called and ran down the stairs.

we got in the car and drove to the appointment.

"name" the receptionist spoke.

"ella williamson" i said.

"someone will be with you shortly" she said and pointed to the seating area.

i sat with leah and held her hand. i could tell she was slightly anxious as her leg was bouncing.

"it's okay le" i whispered stoking over her fingers.

"i know, i'm just nervous, what if somethings wrong" she whispered back.

"everything will be fine." i said and kissed her cheek.

when we were waiting, an old lady smiled at us. she was sat with a young girl possibly late teens who looked nervous. i smiled back.

"this your first?" she asked.

"yeah, we're quite nervous" i spoke.

"same with this one" she gestured to the girl beside her who went pink.

"everything will be fine, you'll figure it out. you both seem like great people" she said, gesturing to me and leah.

we made some more light conversation until we got called in.

"before we start, would you like to know the gender?" the midwife asked.

me and leah already discussed that we wanted to to a gender reveal with our families when we tell them. it's been hard keeping it a secret but we've managed so far.

"no, we want to do a gender reveal" i said.

"that's fine. i'll write it on a paper and put it in an envelope for you" she smiled.

i lay on the bed and she put the gel on my stomach.

"it's twins" she said.
"what really" i said in shock.

she showed me the screen and pointed out the different parts.

"there's the head. that's the feet and that's the hands" she pointed.

"awh le that's our little babies" i said squeezing her hand.

her eyes got watery. i kissed her cheek.

once we were done, she gave us the little envelope with the genders and we left. we also got a picture of the ultrasound.

we went to a cafe for lunch. i got a chicken salad and leah got a toastie.

we sat and chatted for a while.

"do you think you would want more kids?" leah asked.

"maybe a bit in the future. let these babies pop out before we start planning another" i laughed.

"if we do, we would probably have to move houses" she said.

"yeah" i said.

we went home and sat on the sofa. i rang my mum to tell her we have news.

"hi mum" i said as she answered.
"hi ella, how are you and leah?" she asked.

"we're good thanks, how are you and luca?" i asked.

"we're fine. he's been doing well in football. scored a couple of hatricks in his last few games" she said.

"awh that's good" i said.