10

i felt a hand at my face tracing my jawline. i opened my eyes to see a very smiley leah looking at me.

"morning princess" she spoke then kissing me on my cheek then nose and forehead then all over my face causing me to giggle at her actions.

i slowly got up out of bed and started to get dressed. i saw leah looking all over my body as i changed.

"my eyes are up here" i joked pointing at my face before standing infront of leah's mirror to do my hair. she came and stood behind me wrapping her arms around my waist placing gentle kisses on my neck. i turned around and kissed her lips before making my way to the bathroom.

leah's pov

i sat on the bed as i was already dressed scrolling through my phone waiting for ella. her ohone kept buzzing so i looked at it. there was a missed call and 2 messages from someone called luca.

luca❤️: when are you coming back to manchester.

luca❤️: i miss you

my heart dropped. was she seeing someone in manchester? suddenly she walked in smiling at me.

"who's luca?" i blurted out.

"what?" she spoke. i repeated my question.

"he rang you and messaged you" i said my voice blank.

"he's my brother" she said walking over and picking her phone up smiling at the notifications. i felt relieved. but i also felt guilty. how could i think she would cheat on me.

ella's pov

i decided to facetime luca. i sat on the bed and rang him. he picked up quite quickly, smiling when he saw my face.

"hi mate how have you been" i spoke first smiling at him.
"i've been fine. i really miss you."
"i really miss you too"

we spoke about many things, mainly what he's been doing for the past year since i've been gone.

"can you come home for my birthday. it's next week"
"yeah i'll see what i can do."
"okay i've got to go, mums calling me. i love you."
"i love you too bud. i'll see you soon" we said bye and i hung up the phone. i looked over at leah who was smiling at me.

"how old is he" she asked coming over to sit by me, holding my hand and tracing over my fingers.

"he's 8. he'll be 9 next week. man i totally forgot it was his birthday. i'm going to have to go and stay for a bit." i look at her. "do you want to come" i asked not knowing if she would even want to.

"yeah of course" she replied. that made me feel more relaxed. leah was finally going to meet my family.

later on we ate breakfast and went home as leah had training the next day. i had quit my job and was fully committed to becoming a physio, i had a couple of months left of my course until i could get placement. i was excited.

we got home and relaxed on the sofa before going to bed. leah looked at me and i could tell she wanted to say something.
"what's up leah" i asked her hoping that she would tell me.

"i was just thinking.. would you um.. maybe want to move in with me" she said. she seemed really nervous as she said it. i looked at her with the biggest grin on my face.

"yes of course i want to move in with you le" i answered pulling her face to mine so i could kiss her lips.

timeskip: the next week.
"come on le. it's a 4 hour drive we don't want to get stuck in traffic." i said pulling my suitcase to my car. jonas gave the girls a week of as they didn't have a match this week, which worked out very well for our trip to manchester. we decided to stay there for 6 days so we could spend time with my family as i haven't see them in a long time. i rang my mum before we went just to make sure it was okay for us to stay, she was excited for us to come as she wanted to meet leah. the night before we left we stayed at my house so i could pack some things and take them to my parents house.

"i'm ready" leah said dragging her suitcase into the car. i locked the house before getting into the car. it was unusual me driving the car as leah had always driven when we were both together. i put taylor swift on and we started our drive.

soon we pulled into a mcdonald's drive through as it was now lunchtime. i ordered me and leah some food and we carried on our journey.

soon later we arrived and i grabbed our suitcases out the car and held leah's hand as se walked up the driveway.
"it's okay leah." i said squeezing her hand as i could sense that she was nervous. she looked at me and nodded as i rang the doorbell.

luca ran to the door and opened it pulling me into a big hug almost knocking me over as i chuckled at him
"it's good to see you bud"
"this is leah. my girlfriend" i said pointing at leah. he hugged leah as well, though not as hard.
"she's very pretty" luca whispered at me
"i know" i whispered back which caused leah to smile at me.

we came into the house and put our stuff in the hallway as my parents came to greet us. they hugged us both asking how we are and leading us into the living room. it looked exactly as i remembered.
leah sat awkwardly so i moved closer to her wrapping my arm around her waist and giving her a smile. we had a catch up with my family and leah warmed up to them quite quickly.

"so you excited for your birthday tomorrow luca" i said looking at him.
"yeah, i'm even more because you're here" he said which made me smile.

later it was dinner time so we all sat at the table and ate the lasagna that my mum cooked. it tasted delicious. i noticed leah avoiding the broccoli.
"you don't want the broccoli?" i whispered to her. she shook her head so i took the broccoli off her plate and ate it. she gave me a small smile saying she appreciated it. after dinner i collected the plates and put them in the dishwasher.

"my room is the one furthest from the stairs, make yourself comfortable" i told leah so she could go and unpack her suitcase. i had already taken them up a while ago while she spoke to my dad and brother. she kissed my cheek and then went upstairs.

i leaned against the kitchen island.
"she seems perfect for you" my mum started which made me grin. "you look so happy with her and she looks happy with you"

"i really really love her" i say to my mum thinking about leah. it felt nice having my mum's approval.
a short while later i go upstairs to find leah in my room. she was looking at my signed steven gerrard shirt i hung on my wall. i saw that she had hung her clothes in my wardrobe as they were empty from when i left. i started to do the same when leah said "how come you support liverpool if your from manchester" i turned to look at her raising my eyebrow. i hadn't realised that i never told her about my childhood, it just never came up.

"well my parents were both born in liverpool and so was i, but when i was about 1 we moved here for my dads work. luca was born here. i guess my parents lost their accents and i never got a scouse accent since i was brought up here"
"ohh that makes sense" leah replied making me giggle. i carried on putting my clothes away and then got ready for bed. leah got in bed first and then i slid in next to her, wrapping myself in her arms. i have one kiss to her neck and then snuggled into her and fell asleep.