Wattpad Original
There are 66 more free parts

Documents

noun ~ a written or typed communication, that provides information or evidence

CHARLIE

I was back in the office after dinner, forced to mull over a recent email from a neighbouring pack. Apparently they were having trouble with rogues, and as Beta as I was, I knew I could do nothing without Phoenix's back up permission.

I filed their letter in the file I had reserved for Phoenix. It was getting rather chunky, with around ten or more letters that I needed his permission to file. Sighing, I ran my hand over my face as I stared at all the paperwork surrounding me.

How could rogues be attacking so many packs?

If it wasn't a rogue border breech, it was a teenager or child missing.

Something was happening, and the more I stared at the clues beneath me, the more I understood.

It wasn't a fortunate coincidence–it couldn't be. Packs were losing members, young wolves were going missing.

Phoenix spoke with his cousin last week, and I knew he would have made notes on it somewhere. I searched his drawers on his desk, finding nothing. Huffing, I eyed the room, raking my eyes over the various labelled cabinets. I wasn't sure where he would put it; the man old school in his document keeping.

I eyed the locked drawer again, mulling it over. Perhaps it was in there? I didn't look at everything properly, but who is to say it's not in there?

Grabbing the letter opener, a determination settled in my spine as I pried the lock open. Pulling out the pile of letters, I flicked my fingers through them.

Other than the heinous demands of blood, money, and power, there was nothing.

Until the end.

Sealed in a dark envelope, I knew that this had to be it.

My lips pursed as I opened the unglued paper, happy to find it was working out so well for me.

Should I be snooping?

Probably not.

Should Phoenix have better security on his desk?

Probably should.

It's his fault for not thinking about this more clearly.

My fingers were dry compared to the smoothness of this paper. The first page was messy, and written in note form, which I had a hard time understanding.

Turning it over, I was relieved to find he had written it much more clearly. I scanned my eyes over the fancy drawling script of Phoenix's penmanship and nodded in approval.

This will do.

Placing the page on his desk, my chin fell to my palm as I read through it. It started with formalities and turned into other boring topics. Rogue attacks, worry regarding lack of electric energy in the highlands, lack of potatoes in the southern quarters...

Blah, blah, blah...

I let out an exaggerated breath and began on the second page, only for my eyes to dart half-way down at the sudden appearance of capital letters.

'WITCHES'

I could practically feel my toes curl and I gripped the page in both of my hands with excitement. Finally, something that I could use for future reference.

'P: Things were still left unsaid after what happened in January. Although Angela and Esmerelda are dead, Gaia remains very much alive. As daughter of Angela, I fear her truth may not be as solid as she plays it to be. With Alessea given a life sentence, I fear it may not work in our favour. How secure are the cells they hold her in?