Wattpad Original
There are 92 more free parts

Date

noun ~ a social or romantic appointment or engagement

CHARLIE

Arms full of crap, I froze when I realised I had nowhere to put them. There were clean and dirty clothes all mixed together. Plus, various wrappers of what had been my lonesome nights and even a few... shall we say, crusty, towels that I couldn't help feel embarrassed for.

Cursing, I shoved them all in the bottom of my wardrobe before grabbing the next pile and doing the same.

I should've grabbed some bags whilst I was downstairs!

When the floor was clear, I checked the time to find I had two minutes left. Sniffing, the stale scent of food met my nose and I couldn't help grind my teeth when I realised I had no candles!

Like a lightbulb in my mind, I ran out of my room and across the hall towards Sean's. I barged in, keeping one hand on my eyes just in case he and Rose were doing something dirty.

"Charlie!" He spluttered.

Definitely doing something naughty.

I peeked one eye through the crack in my fingers, sighing with relief when I found them both dressed.

"I need something that smells good!" I rushed. "Fast!"

"What? What the fuck are you talking about?" He snapped. "You just barge in here-

"Calida has agreed to a date in my room watching a movie and now I don't have time, but I need something that smells good!" I glared at him.

He growled softly, but surprisingly, it was Rose who laughed and moved from the bed. She walked into the bathroom with a small 'hold on', and I followed her, standing in the doorway. She reappeared with an aerosol can and I beamed, kissing her cheek and running from the room without another thought.

Reaching my room, I realised I never said thank you and, with a groan, ran all the way back to shout it through a crack in the door. Rose shrieked with surprise and Sean growled again, but I didn't care. He was always grumpy. Betas were supposed to be fun. I know from experience!

I should fire him.

Drowning my room in the fresh scent, I was glad to find it was a cotton smell and nothing that would destroy my nose. I sprayed it on the bed, glad somebody changed my sheets. I will have to bow down to the maids. They were a godsend with bed linen.

I was just too lazy.

I would sleep on sheets for months if I didn't have the maids.

Staring at my room with triumph, I threw the aerosol onto the bed-side table. That was the bedroom done. It needed a vacuum and maybe a dust, but... Five minutes wasn't a lot of time. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and paused to scent who it was.

My mate was humming a soft tune, a faint sound that told me she was at the bottom of my floor's stairs. Oh wait, the movie!

I grabbed the TV remote and quickly switched it onto Netflix. I smirked when I saw what Nova had changed my name to.

TV stealing bitch was today's name of the day.

Wasn't my fault they had more money than me. I may as well seek the benefits.

Gosh, I was excited. All of this giddiness made me feel like I needed to pee-

Pee! The toilet seat!

I gasped, running into the bathroom to lower the seat and flush, making sure there was nothing too alarming other than toiletry products.