Wattpad Original
There are 24 more free parts

Suggestion

noun ~ an idea or plan put forward for consideration

NOVA

Sexual Content

"I miss you, Polly." I murmured through the phone.

My brother sighed, pushing his damp hair behind his ear. "I know."

"That's where you say that you miss me, too."

My twin rolled his eyes through the phone. "I miss you too."

"Good." I huffed. "You going to sleep?"

"Yeah." He mumbled, lazily blinking. "Sleep is different when you're in the woods."

"I can imagine." I agreed. "How you don't get paranoid someone is going to kill you. I will never know."

He laughed softly. "You got to find the perfect place."

"Where are you going next?" I wondered. "Going to see if Harriet is working?"

He glared at me through the screen. "Hilarious."

"The girls love a bit of Pollux." I teased.

"I am leaving the city. It is not the place for me."

"Oh? You certain?"

"It's too crowded, too... robotic." He muttered. "I need nature."

"Where are you going to go then?" Phoenix butted in.

I frowned at him, obnoxiously eating a Cornetto now. "He hasn't decided."

"I'm just going to follow the paths." Pollux shrugged.

"Are you sure you don't want to go anywhere... village-y?" I probed.

"I see the game you are playing, Nova, and because I am feeling vulnerable, I will tell you maybe."

"Maybe?" I grinned.

"Maybe." He shrugged. "Maybe I will just have a glance."

"What made you change your mind? I thought you were going to keep going south? Won't you be back tracking?"

He shrugged. "Arleybay was east, so I'll just go east from here."

"You really want to go back?"

"I just want to see." He shrugged. "I just want to know if Clover is still there."

My heart sank from my brother. "I understand."

"How are things with the border teases?" He asked, changing the topic.

Sly move, Polly.

Three weeks ago, Phoenix and Charlie sat me down at lunch and told me they had a problem. They were acting like school children before finally giving in and telling me what was wrong. Apparently, someone had hid their scent as they came toward the border, only to reveal themselves inches from its edge. We did not know why or how they accomplished it.

They enchanted our border to stop intruders, a protection order. Our patrols were regular, doubled since the threats placed upon our newborn children. Children who were now eleven weeks old and thriving. They were babbling and smiling and grabbing things with their hands. Every day I fell more and more in love with them and every day I knew I would die protecting them.

Any threat to my pack was a threat to my entire family, and I took Phoenix's concerns literally.

My gift, however, was still MIA.

Yep, it had gone into hibernation. No matter how hard I tried, it wouldn't come to me. It was like a blockade or a brick wall surrounded it and wouldn't let me through. Last I spoke with Theia, she told me I was repressing myself. I wished I had asked more, because now I would like nothing more than to get the fuck over it.