Wattpad Original
There are 42 more free parts

More

determiner ~ a greater or additional amount or degree of

POLLUX

Standing on the front porch, I basked in the warm glow of the sun. I could sense my sister coming closer, the familial bond brightening as she grew close. My eyes focused on the trees and within seconds, Nova appeared with Phoenix trailing behind her. She screamed my name, and I smiled, waving in her direction.

Nova hurried over, leaving Phoenix behind with the twins, and when she reached me she bent over to inhale.

"Jeez, I need to do some more exercise."

I snorted. "And I need to cut my hair. Neither of which will happen."

Nova huffed, rising to her full height. We stood eye to eye, a glimmer of amusement within hers.

"When does you taxi get here?"

"He's due for ten." I shrugged.

"Ten?" she screeched. "That's not enough time! That's like... five minutes!"

"Five minutes is plenty of time, my love." Phoenix murmured, coming up behind her.

Looking for something to pass my time, I reached for a baby. Phoenix's eyebrow quirked before he glanced between the two. He handed me Annabelle, the lively little beast writhing in his hold. I cooed down at her in greeting, and she blinked up at me with a watery smile.

"Five minutes is not enough!" Nova grumbled. "Now when you're leaving."

"Nova, I will not be gone forever." I soothed her. "I want to explore some more. I have nothing truly here for me yet."

"You have us." She pouted.

"I know I do, sis." I smiled. "I just cannot forgive myself if I don't spend my single, young years out in that."

Gesturing to the forest, Nova followed my direction with a soft frown. "But I will miss you."

"And I will miss you."

"I've barely had you."

"Nova, listen." I sighed. "I know it's hard, but I need to discover myself first before I ever settle down and commit to a lifestyle. I travel because I enjoy it, much how you enjoy tending the garden like a little old lady."

Nova scowled at me, crossing her arms. "I am not old."

I grinned. "No, you're not. We are twenty-two now! It is our world to discover."

"I don't want you to get into trouble." She mumbled.

"I get it. I do." I reassured her. "There's a lot going on and me leaving fucks that up."

"It doesn't fuck it up!" She shook her head, grabbing hold of my shoulders. "You are my brother, Polly. We shared a womb, a life force, and then we were separated. Our bond will feel so empty."

"I will be back! Think of it as a holiday. I'm only going to enjoy myself and then I will be back."

The crunching of tires on gravel caught my attention, and I knew it captured her because she cocked her head. Her eyes filled with sadness, a soft pout on her face that made me laugh sadly.

"You promise?" She pouted.

"That I will come back?" I wondered, and she nodded. "Of course. We are family."

"Just..." she began, distracted by the taxi pulling up. "Just don't forget us. Don't move on, yeah?"

"Now why the devil would I do that?" I tutted.