قصة أصلية لـ واتباد
مازال هناك 54 فصول مجانيّة

Summoned

verb ~ authoritatively call on someone to be present

NOVA

I left Molly and Calida entertaining the infants as we prepared ourselves. Everyone else was on the other side of the grand doors, waiting for our arrival. It was all planned efficiently... until a second ago.

Phoenix and I were to be announced by Charlie, where we then bring out the twins. I had asked Calida if she would like to aid me with the babes, and she did so with wide eyes. It was an honour to look after the alphas young, and despite being human, Calida was raised wolf and understood the respect I gave her. I hoped it boosted her confidence and made her realise how important she really was.

But now... Were we were to announce Alexandar.

Phoenix's cousin's arrival had really put a dent in my plan. The Alpha King appearing last minute into the room. His freckles were dull from the winter sun, but his grin and eyes were wide. He wore a three-piece suit that was grey.

"Alexandar." Phoenix turned to his cousin, grasping his hand. "You came."

"Just in time." He mused.

"Where is your Queen?"

"Right here." A soft voice graced my ears.

Theia entered the room, rubbing her hands together. The smell of soap wafted over my nose, and she met my gaze. Her lips curled into a polite smile as she came to stand beside Alexandar, taking his forearm into her grip. Her dress was a dark red, short on the shoulders and just reaching her knee.

Those dark eyes... So many memories of her past.

I swallowed back my sudden nerves. "Your Majesties."

"Please, Nova, no formality when we are alone." Alexandar mused.

I nodded silently, my grip tightening on Phoenix's shirt. His hand on my waist pulled me closer, curling into the fabric.

"We can't wait to meet the little ones." Theia grinned.

The nerves grew.

"They're just over there." I muttered, glancing toward Molly.

Molly's blue eyes widened, whereas Calida's narrowed.

"Your Highness." Molly bowed.

Theia approached the bassinets, dragging Alexandar behind her. My wolf was prowling in my mind, knowing how uncertain I felt about Theia. I had seen things of her past that confused me, and Cors' involvement in her life dampened most of the anxiety, but some remained.

This was the first time I had seen her, both physical and mental, since we killed her mother.

Unable to hold back, I walked calmly to the bassinets. Standing at the head of the twins.

"Who is this lovely little lady?" Theia smiled softly.

"This is Annabelle, and this is Freddy."

Theia's eyes glanced between the two of them. Her arms raised, fingers twitching inches over their stirring forms. Annabelle's eyes were fixed on me until Alexandar came into view. At only a month old, she seemed to latch onto people pretty easily and follow them with her eyes.

Alexandar was harmless. He gurgled nonsense down at the babies with a goofy smile. It amused me to see the King so relaxed, but even more so was the shock on Molly's face. I think I would imprint that into my mind forever.

Keeping my eyes locked on Theia, I grew cautious as her hand settled on Freddy's stomach. Phoenix's hand settled on my back when I tensed, a soft growl leaving my throat. Theia's hand retracted, eyes wide as she looked up at me.