Wattpad Original
Er zijn nog 6 gratis hoofdstukken

Transcendent

adjective ~ beyond or above the range of normal or merely physical human experience

NOVA

Almost too suddenly, I felt myself drift into a vision. Phoenix's recognition that I was falling replaced the last fleeting moments of joy. His arms encased me, offering a fleeting sense of safety, just before my world shattered and my vision blurred.

I woke almost instantly, finding myself in the forest alone. There was a soft haze to the hedgerows and trees, and my hands fell into mud that felt too cold and dry. It was pouring down as I revived Calida, and I knew immediately that the vision was determined to play out.

Sighing, I shakily rose to my feet. My nose wrinkled as I glanced down at myself; I was still nude and covered in blood. The gash that once burned my side was still there, and the blood that poured from it made me feel nauseous.

The sudden fear of my mortality washed over me, and I instantly worried about the twins. Locked inside a vision I had no escape from, I could only hope that Phoenix kept them safe. Passing out from both blood and energy loss posed a dangerous threat, especially considering the severity of my wounds.

But she's alive.

I saw her breathe.

I saw her eyes open.

But they were pitch black, and through the cloud of the rain, I had wondered why.

My blood may have saved her, but even that can only go so far. Turning her was my only option. It was like an urge washed me and I knew I had to give in. With Celimene by my side, we accomplished something I never thought we'd do.

"There you are!"

I span, suddenly startled by the oncoming voice, but once my eyes locked onto her, I felt my entire body tense. Tendrils of soft blonde hair fell from the bun she must've haphazardly put together, a smear of concern on her face as she rushed over to me.

"You must be cold. Here." She murmured, pushing clothing into my hands. "Get yourself covered."

I exhaled, stunned to silence as I pulled the nightie-style dress over my head. The wound on my side screamed in protest and soon cool hands were brushing against my skin as they aided my task. Once my head was free of fabric, I eyed the elder wolf before me.

Except this time, she wasn't old.

She was younger, like many times I have seen her before in my visions. Celimene's green eyes crinkled as we made eye contact, a soft smile lifting her cheeks.

"There, much better." She nodded. "That wound will heal up in no time."

"How..."

"Oh, I know a lot more than I let on." She chortled, taking my hand. "Come on, let's go for a walk."

I winced at the coldness of her hands, but found mine were not exactly the warmest. We strolled in tandem, my side protesting with every harsh step or fumbling of my footing. At least it wasn't raining here.

"What are you doing here?"

"That is a brilliant question." Celimene hummed. "Are you sure it's the right one?"

I frowned, staring across at my grandmother with confusion. Of course, it was the one I wanted to ask; why was she in my vision? Why was I speaking to her in my vision? How were we holding hands?

"Great questions." She chirped. "You know how old I am, Nova?"

The soft relief of hearing my chosen name washed down my spine, glad that she didn't push the Cassie thing like many others did when meeting me.