Wattpad Original
Há 10 capítulos gratuitos

Respect

noun ~ a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements

PHOENIX

The moment Nova sank her teeth into a comatose Calida, time seemed to freeze. My eyes widened with shock, taken aback by her motives.

She was going to try to turn her.

Nova has never done it before, and she knew nothing about it. What was she doing? Did she even know what to do?

My heart thumped in my chest as I stared at the frozen forms of the two women. I recognised Nova's wolf coming into play and ran my eyes along the heavily bleeding wound on her side. I itched to pull her away and have her heal it, but I dared not touch her in case I fucked anything up.

As she didn't move, my wolf watched her with anxious agitation. If it wasn't for the rise and fall of her breaths, I would've believed she had passed too. So, to distract my mind, I turned my focus to the others in the area.

Charlie was growling softly, his eyes locked on Nova. If it wasn't for Sean, I would've pushed him back already, but my gamma had a firm hand on Charlie's shoulder. I doubted Charlie would do anything to harm Nova, but his mate was... she was dead.

Fuck.

My heart hurt for him, a pity deep within my gut that scorned my soul. Charlie was practically a beast right now. I don't even know how he was still in his human form.

Hairs sprouted from his skin, his claws digging into his own thighs as he chewed down the need to harm Nova. His control amazed me, considering his past. His beast was a lot harder to control, and often impeded his sense of morale. But he was doing well, better than I imagined.

Sean's grey eyes locked onto mine, and I slowly opened my mind link to him.

'She's dead.' He muttered.

I know. I replied, swallowing the lump in my throat.

'What is Nova doing?'

Trying to change her.

Sean's eyes widened. 'Is that risky?'

I don't know. I breathed, shaking my head. She's never done it... I... I don't know.

Sean's eyes dropped to the beta on his knees. 'He's tense.'

He wants to kill. I stated.

'Nova?'

All of us, probably. Charlie's wolf is... more rogue than he cares to admit.

'We have done nothing.' Sean muttered.

His mate is dead. The wolf recognises Nova; his respect is the only thing stopping him from killing us all. I explained. You know what the mate bond does to us. Imagine if this was Rose.

Sean's grey eyes darkened with the expanse of his pupil, and a low growl escaped his chest. Charlie unknowingly growled in response, and our eyes snapped down to him. Nova had pulled away from Calida, the human's blood dripping down her chin. My jaw tensed, the intense need to rid her of it overwhelming me.

I wanted to take her home and wrap her in a blanket. Then we'd lie in bed with the twins and never leave, and none of this would even be happening.

The clouds rumbled, the scent of rain mixing with the heavy taste of blood in the air. Any second now, it was going to drown us.

I jostled when my mate bit into her palm and pressed it into Calida's wound, a soft growl building in my chest. I didn't like her hurting herself. Her side was already so deep and bloodied, and she didn't heal. The moment she finished this, I would force my blood into her system. I had zero doubt that she would be conscious after.