Chapter 75 - 『Three Hundred Years' Worth』

Mulai dari awal

"Our Young Master! We missed you! Why didn't you visit us even at least once?"

The redhead looked at the ghost who said that, and Cale wants to smack himself when an uncontrollable question slipped out from his mouth.

"Why?"

Though in a sense, he does have the right to ask such thing.

Who are they to him that they act so overly familiar with him when he don't even have a recollection of ever meeting them?

Cale could see them look at him with puzzled expressions, in which the redhead mirrored it with the same look.

"What do yer mean why? Did 'cha hit yer head or somethin' Youn' Master?"

Before everything became a ruckus, Hua Cheng finally spoke after a while.

"He does not have his entire memory. Atleast not yet."

Cale looks at him once again, his face scrunching.

He's still young enough to recall all of his memory, thank you very much.

Hua Cheng once again, did not bother to elaborate further as he grabbed the redhead by the collar like he was some kitten to be carried around.

The ghosts backed away as they diverged a path for their lord to walk on, not having the courage to ask more questions to satiate their undying curiosities.

Despite the way Hua Cheng carried the redhead in an uncomfortable way, he just simply winced in annoyance as he was too tired (mentally and spiritually considering he's currently a wandering soul) to retaliate out of spite.

"Young Master? What, did you adopt me or something?"

Cale meant for it to be a simple joke, but Hua Cheng muses otherwise.

"In a way, yes."

He wants to ask when, and why doesn't he remember such nonsense.

"If you have questions, ask gege. We agreed that we should be both present when we tell you."

It's not like Cale could change his mind anytime soon, so he just nodded as Hua Cheng plopped him down on the floor.

"Stay here for a while. I have something to do first."

Once again, it's not like Cale could voice out his opinion when he's in someone else's place.

Hua Cheng rolled a die and stepped towards the portal that was created then, leaving the redhead all alone in a spacious room somewhere in the ghost king's home.

But then again, it's not like Hua Cheng had forbade him walking around at the manor when the man did not say anything about the house rules to him earlier.

To ease his boredom, Cale started walking around like a curious child. He knew he should be lazing around when was given such a time to do so, but the redhead is too curious about the situation of him being a Young Master.

"You of all Gods should know that what he did was enough to warrant him a penalty."

Cale had a feeling that what he was about to hear will be bad news, a bad omen even.

"His sin is far greater than yours, Dianxia."

There was silence at first, before he could hear him speak.

"Isn't becoming a being he loathes still not enough?"

Ah, so they were talking about him.

"No, the rest of us do not think so, Your Highness."