Chapter 70 - 『Oh, Dear Brother』

Wei Ying had always hated the cold

Wei Ying had always hated the cold. He always hated how it left him restless throughout and leave his whole being tremble with frost.

But, he came to like Lan Zhan no matter how much he denies it. The famous cold and austere Second Master Lan managed to make Wei Ying look forward in their future interactions.

However, he likes warmth more, he loves it even.

He loves it more when that source of warmth is from him, his older brother.

But now, the body in his embrace is nothing but a cold one, like a dying fire in the middle of winter and all that's left is flickering embers.

Wei Ying is starting to hate cold again.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm really sorry, gege."

No matter how much he apologize, he would never forget the feeling on his hands being stained with his older brother's blood, he would never forget the feeling of killing someone he came to knew and be with him the first decade of his entire life.

He is just a boy, barely reaching his twenties when he had to kill someone he dearly loves.

"I'm sorry..."

Wei Ying continues to cry out until his throat is hoarse, until there are no more tears left to fall, even until his heart continued to ache.

'Look at what you've done!'

'You crazy bastard! Other's blood is still not enough, you're even greedy enough to spill your brother's own!'

'Everyone will come to hate him.'

'Scorn!'

'Bloodthirsty prick.'

Wei Ying simply closed his eyes, burying his face against Wei Xun's frigid shoulders.

It was like that for a long while now, Wei Ying holding his brother's dead body and looking blankly at the black ribbon that almost hid itself beneath Wei Xun's black strands.

That was until a silver butterfly fluttered near them, and Wei Ying had acknowledged the presence with them.

"...Hua Chengzou."

The man in red robe looked at the younger for a long while before opening his mouth to speak.

"You should leave now."

Wei Ying stills, his grip against Wei Xun tightening as he looks at the ghost king with red eyes, as if he was begging him.

"Leave, Wei Wuxian."

He let out a shuddered sigh before asking, "Why?"

Why does he need to leave? Can't he just...stay?

'Do you even have the right to stay after what you did?!'