Chapter 32 - 『There's A Pain, It Does Ripple』

Jiang Fengmian looks at the moon up in the sky, the night breeze ushered to his face in a comforting manner.

Xuanwu rumbles below the boat, its golden eyes peeking at the Sect Leader every now and then.

Sect Leader Jiang leans in over the ledge, looking at Xuanwu with a tired face.

"Let's go home, Xuanwu."

The beast happily complies, swimming ahead of the boat to clear any water ghouls wandering the river.

Minutes later, a purple beam shot up to the sky as Jiang Fengmian takes a closer look.

Xuanwu howls, sensing other boats to warn the Sect Leader.

"Turn off all the lights!" Jiang Fengmian orders, the entire boat going dark as soon as he said that.

Looking from afar, he could see the flag of Qishan Wen in one of the boats.

Sect Leader Jiang's eyes squinted before looking down at Xuanwu who was waiting for his words.

What a smart beast, just like its owner.

Jiang Fengmian placed a finger on his lips, shushing as he looks at Lotus Pier with its shield activated.

At the same time, Xuanwu dives in to the deepest parts of Yunmeng Jiang's river.

The vessel and the beast approached Lotus Pier as silent as possible.

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

"Shijie, are you and the others safe?" Cale asks as he pressed his temples, his red hair flowing with every move of the wind.

"We're fine, A-Xun. How is the situation?" Jiang Yanli asks in his head.

Madam Yu then answers, "I'm currently fighting Wen Zhuliu at the northern part!"

Cale clicks his tongue in annoyance, ruffling his hair as he sighs.

"Make sure that he never touches you or I'll snap his hands in two the moment I see him." The redhead ominously says, looking down at the boats that was parked in front of Lotus Pier's docks.

Cale raised his right hand before slamming it down, a rose-gold thunder striked one of Qishan Wen's boats.

At the same time, ballistae and catapults were swung, further damaging Wen Chao's troops.

The redhead grinned to himself as he wiped the blood off of his lips, a crazy look etched in his face.

"Calm down, Cale." Xiao Wang, who was beside him, warns.

The golden core and his ancient powers are clashing again.

"I'm fine." Cale says, which made the former God frown to himself.

Just then, arrows that were lit up in fire started raining down to the purple shield, creating cracks as the redhead clicked his tongue once again.

"Jiang Cheng, what is the status of the shield?" Cale asks, coiling his fist before opening it again, checking.

"If this continues, the shield will break, leaving us defenseless." The younger says, gritting his teeth as cold sweat started to trickle down to his head.

He was the one who was tasked to govern their defense after all.

"Hold on a bit more, just two minutes will suffice."

Just a little bit.

That will be enough time for their reconnaissance to come.

Let the enemy think that they're winning, let them think that Yunmeng Jiang is doing its best yet it wasn't still enough.