Chapter 27 - 『Shall We Meet?』

Cale looks down at the man that was kneeling in front of him with a menacing stare.

He then sits down to stare at the latter in eye level before grabbing his jaw and grin at him.

"Should I burn you too like what you did in Gusu or you'll talk?"

Wen Xu started trembling as he did his best to not suffocate from the overwhelming force, like something was choking him the longer he look at the redhead.

"Y-Yunmeng will be the next one to be burned! As far as I-I know, it'll be my y-younger brother to lead together with t-the Core Melting Hand!"

Cale huffs, letting go of Wen Xu's jaw, "Now that doesn't seem hard, isn't it?"

Wen Xu's pupils shook before pleading, "S-spare me, p-please."

The redhead's eyes turned into crescents, the suffocating air around him further pressured Wen Xu as he stares at him in fear.

"Why should I? It's not like you spared those from the Gusu Lan when they begged for their lives."

Wen Xu did his best to give reason to Cale's words, "I was just following father's orders! I apologize, please please please please please!"

Cale was starting to get irked, so like a like an annoying fly that keeps buzzing around, he ought to shut it up.

It all happened fast, the way Cale unsheathed Xiao Wang and stabbed Wen Xu's right leg was like how you kill a mosquito the moment it lands on your skin.

Wen Xu's screams echoed throughout Yunmeng Jiang's new underground cell, a place where Cale had built in preparation just in case he captured some Wens trying to offend him.

And someone did try to offend him.

"The Cloud Recesses can't be easily invaded unless someone from the inside leaked information, or do you actually have someone smart amongst your ranks?"

Cale twisted the sword in Wen Xu's leg, earning another painful scream.

"S-someone leaked it! B-but I don't know who!"

Wen Xu screamed again, the sword in his leg were dragged down to tear a large portion of his skin and muscles.

"Wrong answer. It seems that you're brave enough to lie straight into my face, Wen Xu."

He looks at the redhead in horror, somehow wondering how Cale knew that he was lying.

Cale squeezed his bleeding leg as tears poured down from his eyes, the pain unbearable.

"Tell me who it is." He says in a threatening voice, his sword starting to move again.

"I-It's a disciple! I don't know his n-name but I'm s-sure it's someone f-from the Moling Su C-Clan!"

The sword was then grabbed away in a swift motion, the blood dripping to the edge as Cale whisked it away.

If Vicross were to see him now, he would gush around saying how messy he is but clap anyways on the redhead's way of torturing.

"Thank you for cooperating." Cale smiles like he didn't open a flesh with a sword earlier.

It was surprising enough that he have the strength to actually stab someone and drag it down.

Cale sheaths back Xiao Wang before walking away from Wen Xu who had already fainted from the pain and fear towards the redhead.

Greeted by the warm sun and the nostalgic smell of river, Cale just sighs in content before walking away.