Chapter 99 - 『Gege, Gege...Don't Cry』

The moment Cale opens his eyes, he was greeted by the walls of the Paradise Manor.

"Cale Henituse."

He was also greeted by the glare of a martial god named Xie Lian and the apathetic gaze of Hua Cheng.

The redhead was ready to receive the God's scoldings, but what he didn't expect was being hugged by Xie Lian himself.

"Why did you do that?"

He wonders what he is pertaining to, the one where he sends Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli to reincarnate in Rowoon, or when he deliberately killed himself by shielding Nie Huaisang from his older brother.

"Why did you decide to sacrifice yourself again?"

Ah, so he is talking about the latter. As much as Cale hates the word sacrifice, there is no better term at the action he just did moments before he died.

"I..."

Cale hesitates for a while.

And Xie Lian waited until he was comfortable enough to tell him.

"I wantedㅡneeded to see you."

He buries the underlying solace he's been seeking after his siblings died. He felt like it was only Xie Lian or Hua Cheng who could understand his grief, despite the concerns and sympathies he's receiving.

Cale does not know why he's feeling like this.

"Is this regarding Wei Wuxian's soul?" Hua Cheng spoke after a while.

The redhead could only nod at the ghost king's question.

Considering Xiao Wang couldn't find his soul anywhere nor in the underworld, he thought that maybe Hua Cheng would have a clue to where Wei Ying's soul is.

It was worth a try, it was worth giving up his life if it means he can find his brother's soul.

Just then, Hua Cheng kneels before raising his hand. Cale looked at him then, wondering what he was about to do when a surging pain hit his forehead.

Hua Cheng flicked him hard enough to bring tears out from the redhead's eyes.

Cale glared at him, as he was about to yell at him, Hua Cheng spoke first.

"Hah, does that hurt? Being stabbed to death must have hurt more, didn't it?"

The redhead wanted to retort, he really did. But when he saw E'ming that was tucked on Hua Cheng's waist trembling lightly, he shuts up.

"San Lang, cut him some slack." Xie Lian says then.

They could hear Hua Cheng sigh before apologizing, "Sorry for losing my temper, gege."

Though the man only apologized to Xie Lian.

Cale wonders what sort of relationship he had with these two, considering they are acting like they are his parents.

"Don't make a feat like that again, Wei Xun. Do you understand?"

He wonders what he is to them for them to worry like this.

"If you wanted to speak to us, you can always call us by our names and we will answer immediately."

He wonders what they were to him.

"...Yes."

Both Xie Lian and Hua Cheng looked at each other rather discreetly, before the ghost king sighed and flicked his fingers.

At that moment, a lantern appeared in his hands, emanating a small red light.

Its color was similar to the shade of Cale's hair.