Chapter 49 - 『First Day Of Celebration Banquet』

The celebration banquet that is happening in Lanling Jin Sect will be a three-day event.

And Cale already wants to go home, back to his comfortable bed in Lotus Pier as he eats lotus seeds without an ounce of care in the political matters of the four Sects.

"I greet Jiangshuai-zun for gracing us with his presence."

Bullshit.

"I greet Lianfang-zun in return. Please give Sect Leader Jin our thanks for inviting us in such magnanimous event." Cale says with a smile, the corner of his lips slightly twitching in annoyance.

As Jin Guangyao, formerly known as Meng Yao leaves them to greet the other guests. And the moment Cale felt that he's already far away, his face became cold.

"Xichen-ge, is he your friend?" Cale asks in a monotonous voice, watching the older as he smiles brightly at Jin Guangyao's way.

"A sworn brother. Da-ge, A-Yao and I are sworn brothers." Lan Xichen happily explains, making Cale's fingers twitch.

'Sworn brothers?'

Cale wonders since when the three of them became close, considering Nie Mingjue was close to brutally murder Jin Guangyao months ago and when the Sunshot Campaign had ended.

"I see." Cale says before sitting down beside his brothers, not even looking back at Lan Xichen as he sighs.

"Thank you for coming to the celebration banquet, everyone. I do hope you enjoy your time in Lanling." Sect Leader Jin says, raising his cup for a toast.

Cale could feel the hair in his arms stand up as he discreetly shivered, looking away when Jin Guangshan looks at him with a smile.

Instead, he also raised his cup for a toast before gulping it all down with no regards of courtesy.

The Lans didn't bother to drink from their cups, considering it was alcohol.

"May the peace of our world, prosper." Qingheng-jun says as he smiles.

"May we." Jin Zixuan answers, making the three brothers look at him for a short while before humming.

Just then, Jin Guangshan merrily laughs.

"It seems that my dear son is doing his best to get to the Jiang's good side."

In return, Madam Jin huffs.

"He should do harder and better then."

Cale gasps to himself, thoroughly amused by what the woman is saying.

Yes. Jin Zixuan should do harder and better if he ever wants to win their favor. That is if the Wei Brothers are compelled by his actions enough though.

"I don't see any difference though?" Wei Ying teases, his head high as if he was looking down at Jin Zixuan.

Just then, another man in Jin cultivator robes chimed in.

"My cousin is doing his best. It seems that you are being blind about it, Wei Wuxian."

Just then, Cale's look became sharp and the air around became frightening.

"Blind?" Cale asks, his reddish-brown eyes continued to squint.

Before Cale could speak again, Jin Zixuan spoke instead.

"Pardon my cousin, Wei Xianghuan. He is overprotective of me because we have the same relationship like yours and Wei Wuxian. So please forgive him on my behalf."

Cale did his best to stop himself from scoffing.

Overprotective? Such bullshit would even make the heavens scowl in disgust.