Chapter 51 - 『Heaven Knows Your Name, I've Been Praying』

It was now the second night of celebration banquet

It was now the second night of celebration banquet. And surely, Cale never cease to surprise(and qi deviate) everyone especially his siblings and the Twin Jades of Gusu.

"Gege! Up!" Mo Xuanyu giggles, his small hands outstretched towards the redhead as he sighs.

"Why don't you have that peacock carry you?" He says, but he carried Mo Xuanyu in his arms nonetheless.

"You're prettier!" Mo Xuanyu says, like it's the most common thing in the world.

"He's stronger." Cale snarks back teasingly, fixing the child in his arms.

"Clearly, he likes you more." Jin Zixuan says, slightly jealous.

Cale simply scoffs, while Mo Xuanyu simply follows the gesture, smug.

"Who exactly did you adopt this time, gege?" Jiang Cheng accusingly asks, Wei Ying beside him smiling jovially as another one(or two) joined GPS.

Mo Xuanyu and Cale looks at him, one apathetic while the child have stars in his eyes.

"Pretty! Everyone is pretty!" The child exclaims.

In an instant, Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying flushed red in embarrassment, but they accepted the child's words nonetheless.

"What about me? Aren't I pretty?" Jin Zixuan tries to smother the child by acting coy, yet what he received was a flat ignorance which made the Weis cackle to themselves.

"Aiya, I like this kid already! What's your name little guy?" Wei Ying asks, already close to his gege and the child.

"Mo Xuanyu!" The child happily informs.

Cale could see how his brother's eyes flickered, as if he was recognizing the name and looked at the same eyes he had against the child.

"Mo Xuanyu." Wei Ying mumbles, his eyes shaking.

"Yes? That's me!"

Cale watched how his brother turned tense for a while before he eased, but the awkwardness is still present.

"It fits you, A-Yu!" Wei Ying says, and Cale could only frown at how fake his smile is.

"Please excuse me for a while, I remembered something I have to do." He hurriedly says before scurrying away.

Lan Wangji then looks at the redhead, his eyebrow twitched slightly, signifying that he's confused and worried.

"Jin Zixuan." Cale calls, in which the older simply looks at him.

"What is it?"

"Hold your brother for a while. Second Lady Mo is with Madam Yu if Mo Xuanyu needs anything." He says seriously, and he didn't wait for his answer before settling Mo Xuanyu in his arms.

The child simply let him do what he wants, as if noticing the redhead's actions.

Soon enough, Cale walks away, Lan Wangji trotting behind him.