Chapter 43 - 『Time Is Warped』

The newly arrived Nie Mingjue slams his hands against his table, his face etched with a furious look.

"I will kill that bastard the moment I see him!" He bellows, his face turning to a shade of red from anger.

Cale just sighs.

"What pissed you off this time aside from Xi-ge?"

Alver looks at the redhead, offended by his words but didn't say anything about it.

Nie Mingjue just huffs, "It was that bastard, Meng Yao."

At the mention of the man's name, Cale raised his eyebrow while Lan Xichen simply sighs.

"Da-ge, what happened now? Surely you and A-Yao had misunderstood each other again."

That statement alone made Cale raise his left eyebrow.

"What's there to misunderstand? That bastard kill every disciple of Lanling Jin that belittled him and made a run for it when I caught him!"

Cale furrowed his eyebrows, his reddish-brown eyes turning sharp as he continued to listen.

Lan Xichen seemed to be caught off guard, considering how his soft eyes turned wide in shock.

Before the man could speak, the door was slammed open as Wei Ying entered with a scowling face, Jiang Cheng beside him frowning.

'Why the hell is everyone angry?'

"I'm going to kill that bastard."

'Who will you kill this time now?!' Cale thought, repeating the word vicious in his mind.

Jiang Cheng simply sighs forlornly, "Calm down. It's not the time for this."

Before Cale could ask them, Wei Ying yelled which surprised the redhead as he backed away.

"Calm down?! That bastard have the nerve to ridicule Shijie and gege and you're telling me to calm down?! That bastard should thank the fucking heavens that I didn't fed him to fierce corpses!"

And across the room, Nie Mingjue and Lan Xichen was fighting each other, throwing incoherent words that Cale couldn't hear them clearly now.

He could feel a headache pounding at all the noise, considering he didn't even slept yet.

Just then, Cale could feel palms covering his ears. Looking up, Alver stared down at him with an unreadable look before sighing.

"Don't listen if your ears couldn't take it." Cale reads his lips, kind of thankful at the gesture.

But he needs to calm down Wei Ying before he could kill someone with his demonic cultivation.

So he holds the blonde's hands before removing it from his ears.

Cale stood up, going closer to where Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng are yelling at each other.

"As I'm saying, you can punch him later after the war!" Jiang Cheng yells, trying to contain the older by holding him in his arms.

"That is if I'm still alive!"

Cale could feel his mind go blank.

Why would Wei Ying say such ridiculous things? Of course he'll live.

'Or...'

Cale's eyes turned sharp once again, looking at the rings above the younger's head.

It was warped.

Wei Ying's time is warped as the redhead's hands ghosted around the book in his sleeve.

Cale then reaches a hand to the younger, "Wei Ying."