Chapter 13 - 『Under The Parasol』

Cale really want to go back to Lotus Pier the moment he sees one of Gusu Lan's mountain.

[Sleep at nine and rise at five.]

[No shouting in Cloud Recesses.]

[Do not fight without permission.]

[Alcohol is forbidden inside Cloud Recesses.]

There are many more rules written in the whole side of the mountain, that even Cale unconsciously recorded it with his own ability.

"How many rules are even there..." Cale mutters to himself, which Jiang Cheng gave the grace to answer him.

"They say that it's three thousand rules."

Cale, for all the three lives he's lived, this is the first time he's seen an organization with many rules.

'Which lunatic wrote these things? Was it Lan An? Hell, it's even more than the ten commandments back on Earth.'

The redhead just looks away before he could faint from reading such absurd rules.

"Gongzi, we meet again."

As Nie Huaisang folds his fan, he bows in greeting to the redhead and the two beside him.

"Young Master Nie, a pleasant day."

"Gege? Who is he?" Wei Ying asks as he looked at the redhead who was smiling politely at the latter.

"I am Nie Huaisang, and you must be Wei Wuxian and Jiang Wanyin?"

"Oh! The foolㅡ"

In an instant, Cale immediately slams his palm to Wei Ying's mouth to stop him from uttering his statement.

"I'm sorry for my brother's rather brash mouth, Young Master Nie. I hope you forgive him."

In Cale's surprise, Nie Huaisang just laughed it off.

"It was quite alright, Wei-gongzi. In return, please just call me by my name instead of adding the Young Master."

"Alright, A-Sang." Cale says immediately, since calling him Young Master Nie is exhausting for him.

"W-whatㅡ"

"Oh, was it too intimate?" Cale mutters to himself, since he's acting out of character.

"No, it was alright gongzi. Then, is it possible to call you gege?"

Cale just scoffs before walking away, "Do what you want. Just make sure that Sect Leader Nie won't come to behead me."

Wei Ying then lightly jabs Jiang Cheng in his ribs with the weakest strength as possible before leaning in to whisper at the younger's ear.

"Is It just me or we suddenly acquired a new competition."

"What nonsenseㅡ"

"Think about it! If Nie Huaisang is really a coward, won't gege spoil him more than us since he's weak?"

Jiang Cheng became silent at that before scoffing, "What childish thoughts."

Though even when he said that, he is seriously contemplating what Wei Ying stated.

"Surely not..." Jiang Cheng mutters to himself like the world will end in a matter of seconds.

As Cale sighs to himself once again, he continued to kick the same pebble he's seen for the past minute he left the three on their own.

"It looks like you have another cub to take care of, A-Xun."

Looking at Jiang Yanli, Cale just sighs once again.