Chapter 10 - 『Whenever The First Snow Falls, Again And Again』

Cale looks at the sword Jiang Fengmian was handing to him, a foreboding sensation washing over.

'Why the hell is he giving me a sword?'

The redhead, even he himself is sure that one swing would result to a catastrophic event such as Cale injuring himself because the weapon is too heavy for him.

"Every disciples of Yunmeng Jiang should receive their spiritual weapon once the Sect Leader deems them worthy."

'In which aspect do I have for you to give me a goddamn heavy weaponㅡ'

"It's also because it's your birthday today."

Cale just looks at the older man deadpan.

"I'd rather have money."

Jiang Fengmian just chuckles.

"My Lady had already gave you money, as far as I'm concerned."

"Well I'd rather have more money than a blade I'll never use."

Jiang Fengmian had the audacity to even laugh at the redhead's statement.

"Don't worry too much. I searched for the lightest sword to give you."

Cale could feel a vein throb in his temples.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

"I would dare not, Little Genius of Yunmeng." Jiang Fengmian says before shoving the sword to Cale's feeble arms.

Despite the sword being the lightest Jiang Fengmian ever found, it still fell to the floor with a loud thud as Cale almost got his face planted.

Before Cale could scowl at the Sect Leader, Jiang Fengmian had already talked as he managed to contain his laughs from the redhead's misery, "Give it a name."

'He's really enjoying it.'

Cale just groaned as he relented. Looking at the sword in his arms, he could sense something cold but a comforting feeling coming from it.

The redhead just clicks his tongue.

'It's just like that bastard of a God whenever I'm with him.'

Even annoyingly so, the design of the sword reminds him of the said God.

"Xiao Wang(1)." Cale simply utters before removing the sword from its scabbard.

"What a scary name you gave it."

"You told me to name it." Cale says, not sparing a glance to the Sect Leader as he continued to stare at the chinese characters were being engraved to the sword.

"I did say that but you make it sound like a cursed weapon or something."

Before Cale could answer, something caught his attention.

As Jiang Fengmian looks at the redhead whose face was starting to contort into what seems like anger, he heard Cale speak in a scary manner.

"Should I just throw this thing in the river?"

"Now why would you do that?!"

- Yeah Cale! Listen to him! Why would you throw me in a river?!

Cale could feel his head ache from the voice that continued to reverberate in his mind.

"Let's not throw it then..."

- Oh thank heavㅡ

"I'll just sell it."

- Are you for real?!

Jiang Fengmian, to say the least, was not impressed.

"I guess happy birthday, A-Huan. I'll leave you to it."