Chapter 78 - 『My Prayers Consist Of You, And Only You』

Jiang Cheng felt like his whole world had turned in a monochrome.

In a monochrome of red, that is.

He covered his ears as if he was already going deaf, he closed his eyes as if he was already turning blind, and he silenced his throat as if he was already going mute.

"Gah!"

Why was it that he was always the one who watch those dear to him suffer?

The sound of something porcelain being broken the moment it hit the ground was accompanied by someone's gutteral groans, and that someone is none other than Wei Xun himself.

He was awake, but at what cost?

What he's going through right now is much more painful than the last time he drank the wine meant for cultivators.

At first, it was loud. Loud enough to awaken every people resting in Lotus Pier. The second, the third, and the days after that, it was pure torture.

Wei Xun is slowly silencing his pain, saying to himself that it will grow numb if he get used to it.

If he get used to carrying the burden he couldn't even remember when or what he did.

He will just get used to it, as he always did.

That shackle around his neck is hideous enough to brand his fair skin the punishment reserved for the Martial Gods.

"He's not even one." Jiang Cheng mutters to himself, gripping his hair when another loud snivel escaped pass the redhead's mouth.

'Yet.' A demon in his head whispers.

"Where...ugh...is he?"

That pained look yet determined eyes hurt Jiang Cheng more.

'I don't know.' He wants to say, 'I never knew what he was thinking from the start.'

He felt like a fool for not knowing anything.

Before the redhead could ask again, a knock was then heard from the door, making Wei Xun let out a small whimper before sighing.

He then sits up like he was not in pain earlier.

"Come in." Jiang Cheng could hear him say, and he could see how the redhead's fists pitifully tremble as he tried to hide it under his robes.

Jiang Cheng could simply greet his teeth when he couldn't say anything.

His...their gege wants to appear strong and stoic just like he always do in front of other people.

But that is the thing, Wei Xuㅡno, Cale Henituse is never strong to begin with.

The door opened, revealing their older sister together with her son and husband.

"Shijie." The redhead says in greeting, making Jiang Cheng look away.

"A-Xun, how are you faring?"

Cale smiled, "I'm doing well."

'It hurts.'

"Are you sure?" Jin Zixuan asks, making the redhead almost let out a shaky breath.

'No...'

"A hundred percent. Is that Jin Ling?"

Just toughen up and bear with it, just like what you have been always doing.

"Yesㅡ"

Before Jiang Yanli could speak more, Jin Zixuan dramatically clutches his chest and laments.