Chapter 107 - 『The New Will Always Surpass The Old』

"A-Xun."

As Jiang Fengmian settles the plate of food that was just finished being tested for poison in front of the redhead, the latter turned to look at him.

"What is it, Sect Leader?"

At the same time, Jin Zixuan carried his son from the redhead, letting him dine peacefully.

"Xue Yang and Xiao Xingchen will arrive in dawn. Would you like to greet them?"

Cale offers him a small smile, "That was fast."

"Indeed. And another thing, Hanguang-jun had sent you a letter."

This time, Cale looks up from his plate as he knit his eyebrows.

Why would Lan Wangji send him a letter when he could always call him through the communication talisman he gave him.

"Here." Sect Leader Jiang says before sliding a piece of paper in front of Cale.

"...I see, thank you."

Then, it was silent.

It always has been, ever since before the siege...since Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying was not there to bicker with one another.

Only the memories linger in a painful manner.

"I'm finished, thank you for the delicious food." Cale says before standing up, grabbing the piece of paper and almost crumpled it in his hand by how tight he's holding it.

When Cale leaves the room, Jiang Fengmian let out a forlorn sigh. He glanced at the plate he had given the redhead and sees the almost untouched food sitting there coldly.

Jin Zixuan looks at his in-laws, feeling helpless before he also stands up with Jin Ling in his arms.

"Snack...give...later..."

It's still so hard to talk with his broken vocal chord, but he canㅡno, he will manage.

He then bows, an attempt to excuse himself and follow the redhead.

When Jin Zixuan turns to look from afar, he sees traces of the redhead's presence before he finally sees his red hair.

"Weiㅡ!"

Ah right, he forgot he couldn't use his voice.

His son looked up at him then, as if sensing his father's intention before he turned and called for his uncle.

"Shishu!"

What a smart child he is.

Jin Zixuan could see Wei Xun stopping from his tracks before turning to look at the father and son duo. He waited for them to reach him before he tilts his head.

"Why did you follow me?"

Before Jin Zixuan could sign his answer, Jin Ling reached his small arms towards the redhead before giving him a smile.

"Shishu!"

Jin Zixuan could see how Wei Xun's eyes turned soft and fond before indulging his nephew, carrying him in his arms as Jin Ling snuggled closer to the redhead.

"Well then, let's go to my room and have some tea."

He just followed the redhead towards his path, considering he was kind enough to host his martial brother-in-law.

The moment they arrived inside and sat into one of the seats on the room, a knock resounded.

"Wei-gongzi, I've brought some snacks and tea."

It was Madam Mo's voice.

"Come in."

The woman excused herself before entering, Mo Xuanyu peeking behind her. Yet the moment he sees his older brother in the room, the boy practically glowed in delight.