Chapter 102 - 『The Fall Of A Pier』

"Where did you go in the middle of the night?"

Cale's heart almost jumped out of his chest from shock, his fist swinging, out of his instinct to punch the person who said those words.

Xiao Xingchen easily caught his hand then, his eyebrows furrowing as he waits for the latter's answer.

"Why are you creeping in someone's else's room in the middle of the night?" He says after a while, attempting to annoy the older.

Xiao Xingchen smiles benignly, but Cale found it too ominous that it immediately reminds him of Ron all of a sudden.

"Are you talking back now?"

Cale is too afraid to let his intrusive thoughts win, so he shook his head pliantly.

"I was...gathering Wei Ying's things back in Burial Mounds." Cale says in answer to Xiao Xingchen's previous question, making the older become silent.

Just simply the subject of a person is sensitive for the both of them, so Xiao Xingchen easily let go of the matter.

Though the older himself knew that there are other matters other than retrieving his brother's things back, considering his late night endeavors has been happening for weeks now.

Do not blame him, he could still remember how cold the and stiff Wei Xun's body felt when he was killed. Despite the confusion of watching his soul in his siblings' graves, it still left a deep scar over Xiao Xingchen's being.

Then again, the redhead is still a human who can still experience death. The only difference is that he revives back after that.

But what if he dies and never comes back, what will he do then?

Xiao Xingchen himself never knew that he would get this attached to another person, much less to Wei Xun.

"I see. Next time, tell someone where you are going."

He could hear the younger mutter incoherent words to himself, but Xiao Xingchen could hear it as clearly as day.

"I'm not a child..."

The younger is. As long as someone Xiao Xingchen considers younger than him, they are a child to his eyes.

If Cale could hear his opinion, he would clearly recall a certain gold dragon back in Rowoon.

Cale found it hard to believe that the older is easily letting him off the hook. When he catches him the past few days, he wouldn't always let go until the redhead had either begged him to leave or he dozed off to notice if the elder had already left.

Soon enough, Cale had received his answer much earlier than expected.

"You should sleep now. I'm glad that your hair has returned to its original hair color."

Ah, so that is what it is about.

Cale unconsciously twirled his red hair between his fingers, pondering something for a while before he stops Xiao Xingchen from leaving.

"You should answer my question before you leave, Shifu."

Xiao Xingchen visibly tenses for a while, as if he was caught doing something illegal.

"It's not my first night trying to catch you, you know?" He tries to coax, but the redhead squints his eyes and made him antsy.

"But it is my first time seeing you this restless." He says, emphasizing his tone.

At some point, Xiao Xingchen wants to sew the younger's mouth himself.

The redhead raised his eyebrow at him, waiting for the older to talk as he sighs.