Chapter 93 - 『日三 秋』

Thwack!

Thwack!

Thwack!

Thwack!

Thwack!

Thwack!

The pain is undeniably agonizing, it hurts his entire being to the point he swallow the blood in his mouth because of it.

Thwack!

Thwack!

Thwack!

But what hurts the most is that he watched the person he loves...loved the most die in front of him.

Thwack!

Thwack!

At this point, Lan Wangji wouldn't be surprised if he sees a piece of his flesh fly somewhere on how hard he was being hit with a disciplining whip.

Thwack!

Lan Wangji let out a shuddered breath, his eyes blurring from the pain and from the amount of blood he had already and is continuing to lose.

The whip continued to resound, and so is his will continued to fortify itself and forced himself to not crumble right then and there.

Thwack!

...Thirty-one...

Thwack!

...Thirty-two...

Thwack!

...Thirty...three...

At the last hit, Lan Wangji buckled as he stopped himself from paasing out cold on the ground.

It hurts...it hurts...Wei Ying...

"Aiya my fuddy duddy, does it hurt? Do you want me to put medicine on your wounds?"

Lan Wangji wonders if he's finally going crazy. Maybe he is, considering the person in front of him was not Wei Ying...but his father.

"...Wangji."

He could only close his eyes from agony and exhaustion, he couldn't even utter a word to his father.

It's tiring, it's painful, he wants to rest.

He couldn't even go to Wei Ying's funeral because of the punishment.

While he wallows in his own thought, he didn't even noticed that he already dozed off. The next moment he knew, he's resting in his own quarters, an incense with a scent of sandalwood was lit up beside him.

And it was also night time now. He wonders how long have he been out when he was punished by the discipline whip first thing in the morning.

Lan Wangji tried to move, but he could only groan when his back stung from rubbing against his clothes.

"Don't move, rest."

When his father had said those words, he simply didn't speak. He could only close his eyes again as he sighs to himself.