Chapter 103 - 『To Pick Up What Is Left』

"Since when has such rumors started?"

Cale sat comfortably in front of the restless Sect Leader Jiang, who was visibly trembling while pouring tea.

"After the siege, and it only became worse after you came back from the dead when Sect Leader Nie stabbed you to death." Sect Leader Jiang explains, despite being antsy the whole time.

The redhead sighs after a long while, his head aching.

"Abwa?" Jin Ling babbles then, tugging the redhead's collar as his small arms were outstretched towards him.

Cale has no choice but to carry the small child in his arms then, Jin Ling finding comfort in his warmth in no time.

"It seems that many people have lost their minds." Cale mutters, which earned a nod from the Sect Leader who heard him.

"They don't have those thing in the first place." Sect Leader Jiang nonchalantly says, making him stare against the latter's reddish-brown ones before they both cackled like villains.

After a while, they both came down from their high as Jiang Fengmian caressed his temples from anxiety.

He may have said this words out of anger, but no leader would want their Sect to be called a demonic one. He is entirely sure that Wei Xun is the same despite his apathetic expression.

"Hah, what a real pain in the ass." He hears Wei Xun mutter, and he couldn't help but agree.

The world stemmed to have forgotten that it was Yunmeng Jiang is the main force in the Sunshot Campaign. Their judgment was clouded over their fear and greed of Wei Wuxian's stygian tiger seal that they are doing all they can to overthrow Yunmeng from the five major Sects.

After some time, he hears Wei Xun hum to himself, seemingly thinking of something ridiculous and genius at the same time.

"They will regret it soon." The redhead says in mischief, his eyes glinting.

They messed with the wrong place.

"Please do share your idea if you plan to run amok, so that Lotus Pier will be ready to compromise whatever damage that will occur."

The look that Wei Xun gave him was one akin to disbelief, considering his idea is not that destructive.

To them, at the least.

"There is no need to compromise, Sect Leader Jiang. What you need to ready in particular, is everyone in Lotus Pier."

Sect Leader Jiang have a very, very bad feeling about this. Yet at the same time, there is a sense of anticipation bubbling in his mind.

Right, the redhead has always been like this. Jiang Fengmian just couldn't point the right emotion he's supposed to feel at the moment.

Was he supposed to be elated? Because he could see a small part of the old Wei Xun appearing in the current one?

"...Understood. Shall I round everyone up?"

Sect Leader Jiang pours the redhead some tea, whom the latter was visibly wincing from the pain of having his hair pulled constantly.

"No need for now, Sect Leader. I still need to make a talisman after all. But if you insist, you should train them to hold their breath longer underwater."

Jiang Fengmian blinks for a while, confused on where this talk is going.

"Three minutes is the longest record, and that said record is A-Cheng's."

Cale huffs, blinking away the melancholy in his eyes.

"No pain no gain, Sect Leader Jiang."

At the same time, Jin Ling pulled his hair the moment he uttered those words, as if taunting his uncle.