Chapter 62 - 『Cold Skin Against The Warmth Of Mine』

Jiang Cheng slammed the door open, managing to stop himself midway as he babbled.

"Wei Wuxian is bwaㅡ"

The youngest froze at the doorway as his eyesight got dark, already feeling the ants crawl under his skin from the sight.

He looked straight against his gege's auburn eyes and could feel his own blood traveling to his cheeks.

Don't blame him, he's not used in seeing the older being so affectionate to another man in a sense of romance, not brotherhood like he was with them.

He immediately looks away and yelled goodbye.

"Sorry for intruding!"

Jiang Cheng wants to clean his eyes already.

As he didn't yet moved away from the door, he yelled again in hopes for the two to hear him on the other side.

"Gege, you should rest for a while. I'll handle the situation regarding your reckless brother first."

As Jiang Cheng walks away, Cale who was still inside the room and is laying on his bed couldn't help but frown.

He just woke up and there is another problem?

Before Cale could rise, a knock resounded from the door, this one softly as of he doesn't want to disturb the people inside.

"Xichen, may I come in?"

It was Grandmaster Lan Qiren.

"Come in, shushu." Lan Xichen says as the door opens.

Both the redhead and the raven looked towards the Elder at the same time, making him freeze for a while to see Wei Xun already conscious.

"I'm glad to see you finally awake, Jiangshuai-zun." Lan Qiren greets, in which the redhead simply nods.

"I heard my brother had done something reckless again." Cale says, his tone exasperated.

Just as the redhead was getting ready to hear the Elder's rants, what came out from Lan Qiren's mouth was unexpected.

"That, he didn't. Though reviving a dead person is indeed reckless, I don't condone him for it."

Though the redhead could see the expression that passed through the Elder.

'Not when His Highness Xie Lian's husband, Hua Chengzou actually helped your brother to bring back the deceased.'

Ah, right. The Gusu Lan Sect are one of the believers of Taizi Dianxia. Though only little know the marital relationship between the Martial God and Ghost King, hence the reason why there is still a rule in Cloud Recesses concerning a demonic cultivator.

Cale gapes his mouth, feeling breathless as he looks at the Elder.

If...if he didn't became Wei Xun...will this man condone Wei Ying for being a demonic cultivator?

The Gods won't intervene unless he was in this world, perhaps?

Then what about Lan Wangji?

Will he stay by Wei Ying's side?

The redhead closed his eyes, clearing his mind and discarded such useless thoughts.

As his eyes were closed, there were fingers that fiddled his eyebrows, as if it was creasing back his frown.

Of course it was Lan Xichen the moment the redhead opened his eyes.

The older simply smiles in a comforting manner.

"What else is there then, Elder Lan?" Cale asks again.

Lan Qiren caressed his goatee in distress, conflicted if he should let his youngest nephew and Jiang Wanyin deal with the problem instead of pulling the redhead along when he just woke up.