Chapter 33 - 『I'll Send You Back, To Your Kingdom Home』

"Who are you?"

Alver stares at him with no recognition evident in his eyes, making Cale shudder in disbelief.

The blonde further pushed the spear on the redhead's chest, making Cale cough the blood again as tears fell down.

It hurts.

"How do you know that language?"

Everything hurts.

Cale wants to scream, but all he could do was let out several pained gasps as he held on.

He gripped Taerang albeit weakly, gritting his teeth before pulling the spear to him.

"Your Highness Alver Crossman. How the hell are you here?"

There's no point for Cale to introduce himself when Alver couldn't even recognize him anymore.

"Youㅡ!"

"The crown prince I know doesn't follow someone's orders by killing people. The crown prince I know! The crown prince that I knew, wouldn't aim his spear to someone who didn't do anything wrong!"

'Hyung-nim...' Cale wants to cry out, but he buried such emotions deep inside.

"Was it blackmailing? Does Wen Ruohan have something that you need?!"

Alver grits his teeth, overwhelmed by the words that are coming from the redhead.

"Shut up! You don't know anything! How would you know me when I don't even know you!"

Cale let out a scream, the pain in his chest becoming worse the more Taerang stays pierced.

"Gege!" Jiang Cheng screams, his eyes red like he was crying.

Both of his younger brothers ran towards the two of them, but Cale simply reactivated the Silver Shield around him and Alver.

They were going to kill Alver, who was slowly killing Cale.

"My Lady!"

Cale's reddish-brown eyes shook as he looked down despite his eyesight going blurry.

How did everything fell apart in just a minute?

"A-Niang!"

Madam Yu fell to the ground with a thud, Zidian flickering before its light went out.

Wen Zhuliu retracts his hand, looking apathetically at the sight before him.

He successfully melted Yu Ziyuan's core.

Just as Wen Zhuliu was about to attack Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng, Xiao Wang intervened as he activated a teleportation talisman, sending the two out of the burning Lotus Pier.

Cale just smiles weakly, his lips wobbling as he let out another shuddered sigh.

Alver stares at the redhead in front of him, his chest aching unknowingly as he let out a gasp.

The blonde was unaware on how his hold over his spear started loosening, his rationality and need fighting over.

"Is It because you need to go back?"

That statement alone was enough for Alver to let his rationality win.

"I want to go home."

Once upon time, Cale had wanted that to. To go back home where his children are, to where his people are.

But as the years pass by, that hope of his started dimming. Like a candlelight that had lost its wax.

"Then I'll send you home."