Chapter 42 - 『Baby On Board』

As Wen Qing and Wen Ning arrives at Qinghe Nie, the amount of sabers aimed at them didn't surprise the girl(except for Wen Ning who violently flinched and hid behind his sister).

"Sect Leader Nie." Wen Qing calls at the man, holding out a golden plaque with Yunmeng Jiang's motif.

"Lower your sabers."

She let out a relieved sigh before looking at the Wens who turned their backs on their tyrannical leader.

She's really grateful to Wei Xun. Without his help, maybe they'll be killed or become slaves in the time of war.

"You have arrived safely."

Wen Qing's guard rose as she looks at the blonde man, settling himself beside the Sect Leader who only glares in return.

"No one asked for your opinion." Nie Mingjue grumbles.

"And no one asked you to join me in greeting the guests." The blonde retorts, making Nie Mingjue scoff before clicking his tongue in annoyance.

Wen Qing just looks at them in amusement.

"And no one asked you two to fight while greeting our allies."

As Cale walked towards to where they are together with his brothers and Nie Huaisang, Wen Ning visibly brightened up.

"Gege!" Wen Ning greets in a jovial manner.

Cale scans the younger, seeing if there are any injuries before sighing in relief.

"Glad to know that you are all safe. A-Sang, can you show them their rooms?"

Nie Huaisang simply bows, following the redhead's orders as if he was the leader of their own clan. But then again, he is entitled as Jiangshuai-zun, a commander in a time of war.

Just then, Cale could hear Wei Ying yelp to himself as he looks down.

"Whose child is this?" He asks, swinging his leg back and forth in attempt to shake the child away.

But alas, the child's grip was like that of Lans, strong and firm for a kid like him.

"Ah! A-Yuan! You can't just grab their legs like that!" Wen Ning says, coaxing the child to let go of Wei Ying's leg.

Cale snickers, and so is Jiang Cheng.

"They're quite similar, no?"

Jiang Cheng snorts at the redhead's question, "They do, they're both clingy."

"Hey! I heard that!" The said man yells before picking A-Yuan up and settled him to his arms.

"At this point, they look like a father and son duo." Nie Huaisang says before opening his fan, hiding his teasing smirk.

Before Wei Ying could snark something towards Nie Huaisang, the said man trotted away with the Wens behind him, his brother following behind.

"We'll leave A-Yuan here for a while if that's alright." Wen Qing says before pulling her brother away.

Just then, another cry reverberated.

"Ah, Jingyi! Shush."

Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji arrives, a child pulling the older's hair out of spite making Cale snort.

"Why are there so many child here?" Jiang Cheng grumbles, annoyed at the loud noise.

"P-pretty gege!"

Cale cursed under his breath, attempting to hide behind Alver but failed miserably.

Jingyi reached his arms towards the redhead, and Cale only stared at the child in a stoic manner.