Chapter 2 Entering the city

Start from the beginning

After Aunt Chen left, Mo Chao didn't want to go up the mountain to collect firewood anymore. He directly stuffed the sleeping straw and the last bit of firewood into the stove, and barely started a fire to cook the eggs.

Then he took out his last small basket, put the eggs in it, and walked along the path to find the Chen family.

The old man of the Chen family has already set up his car at the door. Their family is the most prosperous family in the village. Not only does they live in a large brick house with tiles, but they also have an ox cart.

Chen Dalang: "Brother Mo is here?"

After laughing for a while, Mrs. Chen came out with her little grandson on her arm. Da Lang drove the car, and the three of them sat in the back. Mo Yang put down the basket and shared the eggs with everyone, but Aunt Chen stopped him.

"If you can really choose it, the fairy mountain is so far away and there is still a long way to go. Brother, keep it for yourself."

Mo Chao felt that she was like her mother, so she nodded and hugged the basket of eggs tightly.

Wangshui Village got its name because it surrounds a clear river. The city that Mrs. Chen mentioned refers to Yishui City. The Liuqing Sword Sect has a vast territory, mostly among high mountains. In order to exchange resources with the mountains, a market will be set up at the foot of the mountains. This certain market grew bigger and bigger and became Yishui City.

Wangshui Village in Yishui City is far away, and the oxcart leaves early in the morning and arrives in the evening.

Aunt Chen was worried: "I'm afraid I won't have to spend the night in the city."

Mo Chao saw a city in this world for the first time and couldn't help but look at it curiously. Of course, Yishui City is not as spectacular as the metropolis in the previous life. It is more like a small water town in the south, which can be seen at a glance, but it is full of people and vendors, making it very prosperous.

Red lanterns were hung on the pavilions, giving off a faint light in the evening sun. The bridge was above the street, and there were beautiful women in ancient costumes leaning on it, looking into the distance, chatting and laughing with the maids.

Every shop is hung with water-painted towel flags, which shake with the wind, and you can hear a distant bell from time to time.

Chen Jiadalang had already made inquiries, and led them to a meeting point in Dongshi without stopping.

He didn't need to say much, a few people also discovered the shop where Xianmen was recruiting handymen, because there were too many people!

Even at dusk, people lined up from the front of the shop to the street corner, and many of them were young ladies and gentlemen from rich families, dressed in gorgeous clothes, well-dressed at first sight. They asked the servants to hold the umbrellas, while they sat on the chairs and fanned themselves impatiently.

"Hey, there are so many people!" The grandson of the Chen family opened his mouth wide.

Someone in front was disturbed by him. Seeing the pretentiousness of their villagers, they sneered: "bumpkin."

They were still riding in a bullock cart, and the cows were extremely dirty.

Aunt Chen hugged her little grandson tightly, and Dalang Chen also got into the car without saying a word, not arguing with each other.

Ordinary people seek longevity, and more importantly wealth, to be selected into the mercy sword sect, even if it is a small handyman, is enough to honor the ancestors. If you can catch up with a few immortals, the benefits will be even greater.